SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-06, 09:42 AM   #1041
Peter Henry

BB...Haga has a more "primitive" option available to him,but he declines to use it. He does not like the feel he gets with traction control and prefers to control things himself.

But traction control or not, those in line fours just cant put the power down coming out of bends like that glorious L-twin!

Old 12-09-06, 09:49 AM   #1042
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

I'd like to see traction control banned in WSB.Then we would see who has the real riding skills.JT and Haga certainly do,but who else would keep up?
Old 12-09-06, 09:51 AM   #1043
PeterM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Hey PeterM..have a word with your weather God's to warm things up a little will you? We need warm temps for Loris's Bridgestone's to allow him to go play with Valentino again!
Forecast for the weekend is 21-22 and fine. Just the way I like it!

Old 12-09-06, 01:26 PM   #1044
Peter Henry

Great comments by Valentino after the race at the weekend:

Quote:
I pray every week for a race like this," beamed Rossi. "It was another legendary battle between myself and Loris - very hard but also very fair. Myself and Loris are old style riders, very aggressive, however we are always very fair with each other. I played my cards well and, although I won this time, it could easily be Loris next time. It was one of my favourite races of my career. When the red and white fairing of Loris's Ducati kept coming up alongside me I could not stop laughing.
That is the kind of spirit we want.

Old 14-09-06, 11:49 AM   #1045
Peter Henry

Attention Biker Biggles.

Valentino Rossi has now achieved the same amount of podium finishes in the premier class as your childhood hero the great Giacomo Agostini.

Rossi has now amassed 88 podiums from 110 starts, the same number as Ago who actually rode a total of 119 races to achieve this.

The interesting question for me is with Valentino now on 54 wins which is just behind Agos grand total of 68 wins will Valentino remain in Moto GP long enough to overtake the past master?

Even another phenomenal year like last year would not quite see him do it and I think realistically if he can continue to fight off the young guns, it is going to require another two full seasons from him? What you reckon?

Old 14-09-06, 12:33 PM   #1046
creamerybutter

I cant see him leaving before he does it tbh.

Old 14-09-06, 02:35 PM   #1047
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

He could walk it in two years.Truth is,much as I rate Ago he had superior machinary for most of his riding career,but VR really proved his worth when he swapped to Yamaha and still beat the Hondas.I reckon he should move to Ducati,teach them a thing or two about how to make a good bike great,and wipe a few more bottoms among the upstarts.VR only does as much as he needs to in most races,but when the pressure comes on he shows his true class,and I can't think of anyone better, past or present.
Old 15-09-06, 09:32 AM   #1048
pete m

Default Biaggi to WSB

Its official - click below

ha ha

Old 15-09-06, 12:15 PM   #1049
Peter Henry

Is anyone brave enough to bet against Valentino getting a win at Phillip Island?

Old 15-09-06, 01:48 PM   #1050
kwak zzr

not me he'll do it hes full of confidence now the gaps closing.

Closed Thread