SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-04-13, 07:36 AM   #1091
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: F1 Racing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialone View Post
Is anybody else getting sick of the new tyre tactics crap?, two laps and cars are pitting??? FFS, let's get back to racing, full tank of fuel, fresh tyres, no comms, drs or team orders and just bloody race.
Yes. This is one of the main reasons i prefer Moto GP over the Grand Prix. It is about the racing and not the tactics. They should make it back to basics-as much fuel as you want, as much power as you want-who is the fastest driver? Not who can use the least tyres/fuel.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-13, 07:58 AM   #1092
AJC

Yep also, bored of watching a tyre balancing exercise instead of an actual race. Drivers asking on the radio if they should fight for a position or save tyres is just sad...
Old 14-04-13, 08:04 AM   #1093
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialone View Post
Is anybody else getting sick of the new tyre tactics crap?, two laps and cars are pitting??? FFS, let's get back to racing, full tank of fuel, fresh tyres, no comms, drs or team orders and just bloody race.
I think the whole point of the drs, tyre deg etc is that when it was just about racing they were all so closely matched that it wasn't a race it was a precession. Hence the changes. The changes in the last two years have done wonders for F1 in my opinion.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-13, 08:07 AM   #1094
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Speirs View Post
I think the whole point of the drs, tyre deg etc is that when it was just about racing they were all so closely matched that it wasn't a race it was a precession. Hence the changes. The changes in the last two years have done wonders for F1 in my opinion.
I disagree mate, we are seeing drivers holding back now or spending half their time in the pits.

Evenly or similarly matched cars prove who the quickest drivers are.
Old 14-04-13, 08:18 AM   #1095
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

So you would prefer to watch 20 cars driving round in the same order for 2 hours? All because it was decided in qualifying the day before?

I'm pretty sure there would be similar posts about how boring F1 is...in fact I'm pretty sure you could find posts about f1 three years ago on here.

I understand that it seems a bit artificial introducing more variables outside of the drivers control, but the alternative is frankly dull.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Old 14-04-13, 08:27 AM   #1096
Specialone

Works in BTCC.

I'm not saying I like a precession but it's getting like a game of chess now, drivers like robots, sticking to the strategy rather than go balls out racing.

It never used to be dull without all this crap, admit it though Chris, pitting 2 laps in to a race is good racing?
Old 14-04-13, 08:50 AM   #1097
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Ahh BTCC aka bumper cars.

It's good strategy for when you start last from the pits.

You can't tell me that end to the race wasn't exciting?

Last edited by Mr Speirs; 14-04-13 at 08:55 AM.
Old 14-04-13, 08:55 AM   #1098
Specialone

It was good in fairness but I wanna see it all through the race, I don't like drivers pitting with 5 laps to go.
Old 14-04-13, 09:45 AM   #1099
Tom_the_great

TBH bring back a1... all exactly same cars they have 3 "boosts" to use a race was very good racing...

Black Tinted Screen!, Evotech Tail Tidy!, OEM Rear Hugger!, R&G Crash Bungs!, Delkevic Exhuast!

Current Mileage = 3000 (Ish)
Tom_the_great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-13, 10:09 AM   #1100
AJC

I do like a lot of the things that have come into F1 recently, such as DRS. However I still cant get on with drivers only actually driving as fast as they can for 4 laps of a GP. Frankly its just not about who is the fastest/best driver at the moment which seems wrong to me, but I suppose there is an argument F1 hasn't been that way for quite some time...