SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-01-09, 06:43 PM   #1091
flymo
Mega Poster

Default Re: The running thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyinleather View Post
Sounds like you are doing really well and clocking up the miles . Are you enjoying the training?
I really am enjoying it yes, now that its become a habit I look forward to getting out and running. The scenery is pretty cool along my run so that helps.

My knees are getting a bit sore though after a long run, it settles after a few hours but can hurt towards the end of a long run. Maybe I'm getting old
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-09, 07:54 PM   #1092
Tim in Belgium

I didn't run today as I could feel my knees slightly (don't know why?) and felt like a cough was coming on, if all is fine I'll head out Tuesday evening. On the plus side it meant I could wnader down to Zandvoort to watch a little drifting, and could continue prepping my track wheels for the cage.
Old 25-01-09, 10:33 PM   #1093
Ed

I didn't run this weekend, either. Went on the Ashbourne ride yesterday, and ferried wife & daughter to Manchester today.
Old 26-01-09, 11:46 AM   #1094
hovis

just done 4 miles in 36mins 35 secs

thats down to 9 minuite mileing
Old 26-01-09, 03:37 PM   #1095
Stig

Just done 4 miles in 28:30
Old 26-01-09, 03:44 PM   #1096
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
Just done 4 miles in 28:30
show off

Old 26-01-09, 04:01 PM   #1097
Ed

7m10s miling. Wow
Old 26-01-09, 06:45 PM   #1098
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
7m10s miling. Wow
And this time I know it was 4 miles. I ran to my limit. I would not have been able to sustain that pace for any further distance. But that is what I have decided to do with my two 4 mile runs at work. I have decided to race them. Mid week evening run at home will be a 6 or 8 mile run at a medium pace. Weekend run will be a slow slog until I am up to half marathon distances.
Old 26-01-09, 08:17 PM   #1099
Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
And this time I know it was 4 miles. I ran to my limit. I would not have been able to sustain that pace for any further distance. But that is what I have decided to do with my two 4 mile runs at work. I have decided to race them. Mid week evening run at home will be a 6 or 8 mile run at a medium pace. Weekend run will be a slow slog until I am up to half marathon distances.
Awesome time Si . At least now you have set yourself goals with running and doing what works for you and more importantly giving your knees a break inbetween
Old 26-01-09, 08:19 PM   #1100
Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
just done 4 miles in 36mins 35 secs

thats down to 9 minuite mileing
Yayyy Hovis great running and you are running faster on the road than on the running machine . Are you enjoying running outside?

Found those Twin skins yet?