SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 03-11-09, 11:41 AM   #111
TazDaz

Default Re: Mallory Park - 28th November

I'm booked into the Red Cow place. £29.95 for a double room.
Old 03-11-09, 04:09 PM   #112
mikelcfc

when you get to the red cow place, go round the back of the building, the car park carries on round there and seems very quiet, gets the bikes off the front and out of sight of the road.
Old 04-11-09, 12:05 PM   #113
N8te rider

Anyone taking spare gear/brake pedals for the track day? Thinking about buying some, just incase. Me thinks colder weather, high risk!? Do most of you go prepared?
Old 04-11-09, 12:31 PM   #114
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8te rider View Post
Anyone taking spare gear/brake pedals for the track day? Thinking about buying some, just incase. Me thinks colder weather, high risk!? Do most of you go prepared?
I don't go in a van or anything but i try and take the more important spares on the bike with me. Can help salvage a day if you come off in the early sessions...

I normally have both levers and as much of the rearset parts as possible...

I also have a Fixer Peg under the seat, which DavieSV from here makes. They're good, simple bits of kit that can be very important and help keep you moving.

HTH
Old 04-11-09, 12:46 PM   #115
N8te rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
I don't go in a van or anything but i try and take the more important spares on the bike with me. Can help salvage a day if you come off in the early sessions...

I also have a Fixer Peg under the seat, which DavieSV from here makes. They're good, simple bits of kit that can be very important and help keep you moving.

HTH
Cool. Thanks Binky
Old 04-11-09, 02:14 PM   #116
Berlin

I'll have a full tool kit, vise and spare paddock stands if anyone needs to use them too.

C
Old 04-11-09, 05:20 PM   #117
G
Mega Poster

I established 2 things this morning..

a) it was -1 when I set off this morning so its going to be bloody cold which I forgot.

b) If you dont have a tinted visor you will need one. I visited a supplier today at Kirkby Mallory and is based in one of the business units on the Mallory site. At 9am until about 11am because of the angle of the sun coming down stebbe straight, through edwinas and down to shaws you can not see a thing for sun ... in the afternoon no doubt the kirkby straight is a nightmare lol

Last edited by G; 04-11-09 at 05:22 PM.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-09, 05:21 PM   #118
YOGI BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post

HTH
Well I don't know who would need one of those especially when in the middle on nowhere in the Alps after dropping their bike eh Binky. Saved a potentially very long wait for recovery....
Old 04-11-09, 05:24 PM   #119
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
I established 2 things this morning..

a) it was -1 when I set off this morning so its going to be bloody cold which I forgot.

b) If you dont have a tinted visor you will need one. I visited a supplier today at Kirkby Mallory and is based in one of the business units on the Mallory site. At 9am until about 11am because of the angle of the sun coming down stebbe straight, through edwinas and down to shaws you can not see a thing for sun ... in the afternoon no doubt the kirkby straight is a nightmare lol
I'll have electrical tape for use as a sunblock for my fellow peasants.
Old 06-11-09, 02:36 PM   #120
zobers

Novice
1. Rusty
2. mikeLCFC
3. mikeavfc
4. Lee
5. Dave123567890
6. robh539
7. TazDaz
8. Yogi Bear
9. orose
10. N8te rider

Inters
1. Neio79
2. Binky
3. G
4. Wester
5.pink n white

Advance

Watching
1. Zobers

Just thought I would add a watching section so we can all

If anyone is stuck for somewhere to stay, you are more than welcome to use my spare room and ensuite (not mikelcfc though, he might steal my bike!). I live about 10miles from Mallory.

Zoe