SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

View Poll Results: Will you be attending the AR?
Yes 18 66.67%
Yes + guest 4 14.81%
Yes + more than one guest 0 0%
No 5 18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-08, 07:15 PM   #111
anna
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Soho Mini Spammy Mega Thread Part II!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriyakimonkey View Post
4:18. I've got funny sleep issues.

Anna is that Makosi from Big Brother in your avatar?
erm nope i dont think so

grinch... i still have a special place in my heart for her
Old 12-02-08, 07:31 PM   #112
Jester666

And I've got her screen!!

Old 12-02-08, 08:05 PM   #113
Paws

Anyone want a sv? mines in my bad books-
First day back at work and she decides its too cold too start and battery dies-arrive at work at 10.30 after waiting for the very nice breakdown man to come a start her, then on the way home it seems like we got an attack of carb icing-wasnt fun!!!

I think im in need of a hot long bath, big cup of hot chocolate and a early night

Old 12-02-08, 08:14 PM   #114
Jester666

Welcome back to the SV foible fold!

Carb icing is so much fun.................not!

Sitting at the lights with 3k rpm on the clock just to keep the bu99er running is just not cool!!

Old 12-02-08, 08:23 PM   #115
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Ah the joys of a cold foggy day eh?

if its any consolation Laura i had similar problems but managed to keep it going till i got to work.

Switched it off and tried to fire it up again straight away ....and nothing.

Spent to the whole day telling the boys at work to not leave till they've given me a quick push only for a client to show up unnanounced and keep me there so everyone had left

Thankfully the battery had given itself just enough rest to fire it up first time so i could get home.

Its on charge right now too, lol.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 12-02-08, 10:32 PM   #116
monkey

Who'd have a bike with one of those carburetor things? What you want is a little van that runs on compressed air! (On the news just now).

I'm just back from watching Cloverfield. Good film. Sort of a mix of Blair Witch, 28 weeks, Deep Impact and Godzilla.

Bet it's great being back at work eh Paws? Would a little heater around the carbs stop the icing? I'm assuming they ice up due to the everoration combined with cold ambient temperature. You must be able to get 12volt heater tape that'll keep the chill off.

Old 12-02-08, 10:39 PM   #117
Jester666

There should be carb heaters on it already but they're not much good.

Old 12-02-08, 10:54 PM   #118
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

well the weather said it might be as low as -2 tonight so i've just been out to throw the cover over it and to throw some Pro FST in the tank. Fingers crossed i'll make it to work and back without it dying on me.

Regents Park looked stunning with all the fog in it this morning as i rode thru it. And the sun was just a big roun ball of light behind all the haze. It was magical, wish i had a helmet cam for those kinda spontaneous moments.

Gotta look at the nice things in life sometimes....even if your bike could die on you at any mo
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 12-02-08, 10:56 PM   #119
Jester666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Regents Park looked stunning with all the fog in it this morning as i rode thru it. And the sun was just a big roun ball of light behind all the haze. It was magical, wish i had a helmet cam for those kinda spontaneous moments.

Gotta look at the nice things in life sometimes....even if your bike could die on you at any mo
I refer you to the Friday meet thread!!

Old 12-02-08, 11:00 PM   #120
monkey

I know what you mean Zig. I've been up on roofs sometimes seen some fantastic views but never have a camera with me! Why don't you stick a camera in your bum bag?

I flashed a motorbike today just as the sun was going down to say put your lights on. He was coming toward me where there was only just enough rom for me in the road and I literally couldn't see him. I was wearing sunnys and had the visor downcovering my eyes too but the sun behind him blocked him out. I had a bit of a shock but think he was oblivious.

Closed Thread