SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 23-03-06, 03:40 PM   #121
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
Sean Emmit racing for no wages must be desperate.
... or very rich
Or very passionate...

Old 23-03-06, 03:45 PM   #122
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
ive always dis'd that move of valo's, he can be great champion without riding like that. as for the first race of the season dont you find that the results are always abit different until things settle down.
Now let's be serious for a minute...

You are World champion, you have a bike that not as competitive as your number 1 rival, who's riding the latest version of the bike you took the title on last year. During the race he opens himself up, just. Do you go for it, knowing full well that he's going to either have to back off or ther'e a chance that both of you will end up on the tarmac ?

What would you have done ?

He took a risk, against his number 1 rival, and he won. It could of quite easily gone the other way.....

Old 23-03-06, 03:50 PM   #123
kwak zzr

the rules seem to be made in moto for rossi, other riders have done that and been slated for it, remember when he couldnt make the grid and they held the whole grid back for him would'nt happen for anyone else.

Old 23-03-06, 03:53 PM   #124
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Very well put, sir !!

Anybody see any similarity between that 'racing incident' & the recent Haga / Kagayama accident ? - the only comment made by the commenators there was along the lines of "oooooooooh, Alstare are not gonna be happy about that one - just as well they're the best of friends away from the track"
Old 23-03-06, 03:57 PM   #125
kwak zzr

i'm sure if sete took rossi down in the same situation things would have been very different. evan mamola has said this in MCN.

Old 23-03-06, 05:43 PM   #126
Jelster

I'm not disputing that there may have been a case for investigation/hearing. What I am saying is that Gibbers opened a door (albeit not by very much) and the racer that is in Rossi decided to act on it.

I don't believe he did it knowing that if it all went tits up the authorities wouldn't touch him... It was the last lap, adrenalin was flowing, and he tried to take advantage of a situation. I wouldn't expect anything else from a thoroughbred champion....

Old 23-03-06, 06:59 PM   #127
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster
I'm not disputing that there may have been a case for investigation/hearing. What I am saying is that Gibbers opened a door (albeit not by very much) and the racer that is in Rossi decided to act on it.

I don't believe he did it knowing that if it all went t*ts up the authorities wouldn't touch him... It was the last lap, adrenalin was flowing, and he tried to take advantage of a situation. I wouldn't expect anything else from a thoroughbred champion....

Take M. Schumacher for instance... how many times did he throw everyone else out of the track? Damon Hill, Jacques Villeneuve... Still he's the current record holder with 7 championships (IIRC).

It comes with racing, and albeit wrong (it is, for me there's no question about it) they're only "allowed" to do that because they've got themselves into a position where that is overlooked. And they got up there by skill, most of the time. Do they need it? Probably not, it looks bad on them, but like Jelster says, they're racers, champions, and they didn't get there just by hanging around on the race track.

Hope I've made sense

Old 23-03-06, 08:04 PM   #128
kwak zzr

remember when Loris Capirossi did something similair in the 250's to be champion?
all hell broke loose.
i remember the damon hill one when schu stood on the wall and was watching if hill made the lap.

Old 23-03-06, 08:07 PM   #129
kwak zzr

agreed that racers need to push and be forcefull sometimes to win, i mean how about hagas antics over the years and hes the most fun to watch.

Old 23-03-06, 09:45 PM   #130
The Basket

Rossi's move was a racers move...I'm sure Foggy would have approved!!!

About Ellison and Checa...they are testing the new Dunlop tyres and it could be quite possible that the Dunlops can't stand the pace. I wouldn't expect fireworks early doors.

I hope peeps don't put Ellison down if it all goes pear shaped. A new bike, new, unknown tyres and a new team...not exactly a winning combo.

Closed Thread