SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-01-07, 05:46 PM   #11
furrybean

Is it just normal skirting? I thought the tile would be too deep to sit on top wouldnt it? The tiles are deep though, just cheepo B&Q ones
Old 29-01-07, 06:23 PM   #12
kwak zzr

depends on the skirting really, mines taurus which has a flat top. if your tiling a new plastered wall then tilling to the floor and then putting the skirting over the bottom tiles would give a good finish too.
Old 30-01-07, 08:32 AM   #13
furrybean

Where I was chasing out has taken the plaster off, there is quite a big area thats now missing. Whats best to fill this in? Shall I use that bonding stuff or any better ideas?

Cheers
Old 30-01-07, 09:24 AM   #14
Dave The Rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
i hate compression joints all mine leak so i use self solder'd or pushfit.
unless you forget to use the liner (little white nob that goes on the end of every pipe) than it should not really leak. Pretty foolproof, faster to fit, easier to do for most DIY jobs ... always my choice.
Old 30-01-07, 10:10 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrybean
Where I was chasing out has taken the plaster off, there is quite a big area thats now missing. Whats best to fill this in? Shall I use that bonding stuff or any better ideas?

Cheers
somat called thistle... few quid a bag... covers anything!
Old 30-01-07, 10:21 AM   #16
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrybean

Cheers
The names Bond, Uni-bond :P
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-07, 06:40 PM   #17
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

I must admit that i hate compression fittings, much prefer to use soldered joints, don't really use the solder ring ones though, endfeed are much cheaper

anyway you wont need PTFE on new compression fittings if they're used with new olives.

definitely fit some service/isolation valves makes it much easier for us plumbers have to repair a tap and stuff like that. I've not come across a seized serevice valve yet, stop ***** however are a right pain!
Old 02-02-07, 07:54 PM   #18
furrybean

Right all the bonding is almost dry and going to get my bath in tomorrow. Where the mixer shower is going on the wall I've left the two hep2o elbows sticking out to tighten the compression fitting of the shower onto. Hope that makes sense,

The elbows are a little long though and is it okay to cut them down some? Would it be alright with the compression fittings? The elbows have a insert and are hard specifically for this use but I'll lose the lip over the end

Does that make any sense whatsoever
Old 02-02-07, 07:59 PM   #19
Peter Henry

I would tread very carefully mate. Can you not groove out the wall a touch so that the fittings will recess slightly and so not be too prominent?

BTW..They still making Swizzels in your part of the world? I used to go to the factory there and come out loaded up with all manner of sugary goodies.
Old 02-02-07, 08:03 PM   #20
furrybean

Erm, not really! As it is now I've got a gap of approx 21mm between the shower with the elbow in as far as it will go and the bonging. The tiles aren't particularly thick either.