SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-01-08, 08:35 PM   #11
Blue_SV650S

Default Re: ebike ins - am I covered to ride other peoples bikes?

I am now e-bike insured (well will be as of the 4th!)!!

I didn't like the fact that I couldn't ride other ppls bikes, but I liked the fact you can run upto 4 bikes on the same policy - I have downsized reacently, but, knowing me, the garage is bound to get another friend at some point so it could save me a fortune!! ...

Anyway, only worked out a fiver cheaper than my old quote, but I have absolutely all mods (I could think of) declared on this one too, oh and upped the bikes value ... neither of which made much reflection on the premium!!

Its a shame I couldn't have rejected the breakdown cover -in the hope it'd have potentially saved a few quid (I have/pay AA already) ..
Old 02-01-08, 09:41 PM   #12
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post

I didn't like the fact that I couldn't ride other ppls bikes, but I liked the fact you can run upto 4 bikes on the same policy - I have downsized reacently, but, knowing me, the garage is bound to get another friend at some point so it could save me a fortune!! ...

Anyway, only worked out a fiver cheaper than my old quote, but I have absolutely all mods (I could think of) declared on this one too, oh and upped the bikes value ... neither of which made much reflection on the premium!!

Its a shame I couldn't have rejected the breakdown cover -in the hope it'd have potentially saved a few quid (I have/pay AA already) ..
Now you can't ride my bike.....shame.
Old 02-01-08, 10:09 PM   #13
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
Now you can't ride my bike.....shame.
Doh!!
Old 02-01-08, 10:19 PM   #14
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Doh!!
You did commit the arch sin of selling the RSV....one of the few bikes on my 'to ride list', that i havn't got around to.
Old 03-01-08, 08:29 PM   #15
jimmy4237

Ebike won't cover you to ride other peoples bikes unless you ask for it to be included in your policy.

I can ride any other bike through CIA, which I do from time to time. CIA didn't include this feature at first - I had to ask for it, and it cost £nil extra. Adding my dad onto the policy as a named rider also brought the pemium down another £30!! Another happy punter.

My car insurance too didn't include driving other peoples cars. I asked why and they said "too many claims". I had to ask for it too, yet again no extra cost. Every time I go up to see my family up north, I always end up driving my aunt's Discovery towing trailers, or am jumping into my cousins car to ferry the kids. So it does come in handy..
Old 03-01-08, 08:39 PM   #16
metalmonkey

Quote:

Blue are you gonna pay monthly? I ask this becasuse you need to check its gone through, I have stopped a few people with Ebike insurance they came up as no insurance, it took nearly an hour to find out they were covered. Its pain casue I have to run several checks, its take a while to get a result.

Now alot more forces are sezing are vechicles, if I can catch someone without, you ain't riding home end off.
Old 03-01-08, 09:03 PM   #17
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluethunder View Post
Blue are you gonna pay monthly? I ask this becasuse you need to check its gone through, I have stopped a few people with Ebike insurance they came up as no insurance, it took nearly an hour to find out they were covered. Its pain casue I have to run several checks, its take a while to get a result.

Now alot more forces are sezing are vechicles, if I can catch someone without, you ain't riding home end off.
No paid in full ... it said the transaction had completed ... and gave me email conformation etc ...

I have a policy number and everything ... I admit I can't see the details just yet, but then technically the insurance isn't scheduled to start until midnight tonight (when my old insurance runs out) ...

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 03-01-08 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-01-08, 12:40 AM   #18
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluethunder View Post
If i was appropriately insured, i would tell you to go to hell.

Of course i imagine you would also be stuck with a charge for the removal of the bike. This would also probably need a lorry with a crane as its a health and safety risk for the 'recovery'(**** turpin) git to push the bike up a ramp. To cap it all off, you'd have to wait for the paperwork to be processed. That means you have to return the next day and are then subject to an overnight storage charge.

Its not that i hate the police, i've met a few in my time that arn't nobs, but most of them are. It seems that average policemen don't exist, they're either decent or utter tits.

On the subject of the police, i can't help but notice the worrying trend of an influx of middle aged women in the ranks. Surely they can't satisfy the criteria for the job?(sadly this isn't meant as sexist stinky bait!). I know administrators might argue that this saves on pensions etc, but still!

Take new years eve for example....one drunken youth, i would guess about 16 years old. 2 WPC's were incapable of making the arrest and had to radio for a bloke to turn up! That can't be right.
Old 04-01-08, 09:56 AM   #19
Blue_SV650S

Here, it has just struck me ... I was making an assumption that as I am all paid up, ebike would send a certificate through the post, like you would get with any other insurance -but is it all electronic?? It said I could print off a certificate after I paid, but I presumed that wouldn’t be legally binding and it’d need an official one????

What happed with other ebikers?
Old 04-01-08, 10:10 AM   #20
Colby

They send you a certificate. They send one every month if you are on PAYG