SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-12-07, 09:58 AM   #11
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Default Re: Traffic Officers

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
Simple solution to that, get nicked for a micky mouse charge public order etc, the cop will spend the rest of his shift in custody and writing paperwork out while you sit in a cell and get released in the morning with a nice brew and a brekkie in you, you walk out smug in the knowledge caused him/her to be late of shift!! LOL

they have more to lose by nicking you for a petty charge really, its a waste of their time. My Mrs was telling me they only arrest for things like that as a last resort purley because it causes them so much paperwork especially if its near the end of their shift!
Not any more! You can be arrested for a public order offence, fingerprinted, photo's, DNA'd and then given an £80 fixed penalty. Out of the door in about an hour and the officer has a sanctioned detection for the month.

If you look at crime stats, violents street crime is on the up because public order is classified as violent street crime. It's **** easy to deal with and as it's a detected street crime, the force gets good reviews.

I would rather not spend then night in the cells feeling smug either! I have a nice, warm, quiet home to go to, not a ****ty, smelly, noisy cell. The cops would get paid overtime if he stayed after the end of his shift, so would most likely thank you for it anyway!

Oh, and the food, barely fit for human consumption...
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-07, 10:03 AM   #12
gettin2dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePete View Post
Have you got ANPR in your T5?
Old 13-12-07, 10:05 AM   #13
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Nope, just a tracker.

ANPR is all well and good, but we always patrol alone and I don't think it's safe using a touch screen and wireless keyboard whilst driving.

Plus, it's just one less thing to break.
Old 13-12-07, 10:08 AM   #14
gettin2dizzy

The ANPR look brilliant. I remember seeing these years ago expecting them to become the norm by now. Uninsured, unlicensed and untaxed drivers we could do without and I'm sure they'll be more likely to have crimes to their name.
Why do you patrol alone?
Old 13-12-07, 10:11 AM   #15
Bluepete
Mega Poster

'cos I smell and no-one likes me
Old 13-12-07, 10:11 AM   #16
gettin2dizzy

You can't respect a traffic cop without some facial hair...
Old 13-12-07, 10:12 AM   #17
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
The ANPR look brilliant. I remember seeing these years ago expecting them to become the norm by now. Uninsured, unlicensed and untaxed drivers we could do without and I'm sure they'll be more likely to have crimes to their name.
ALOT of the local petrol stations and even more strangley the local tesco has ANPR at the single entrance.

London is covered in the monitoring traffic and flagging up suspect cars, other cities are looking at getting them, it was in the times that they are looking at installing them on major roads like the M1
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-07, 10:14 AM   #18
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
You can't respect a traffic cop without some facial hair...
Old 13-12-07, 10:18 AM   #19
gettin2dizzy

is that your van hidden in the hedges?
Old 13-12-07, 10:33 AM   #20
rob13

Aye last night - there was one guy in particular (who pulled the guy on the scooter) who I thought was on a power trip. Not really any place for that however unfortunately they do exist. All it takes is one bad experience.....

Pete I'm surprised you dont have ANPR in the car - I think all of our traffic cars do, they just pull up by the side of the road and use them