SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-08-08, 11:12 PM   #11
kwak zzr

Default Re: Rebuild!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
There are professional metal workers that have never sucessfully straightened a pointy front subframe - they're also rarer than rocking horse poo to buy on the cheap!

Unfortunately, you're looking at £160 for a new OEM one. But console yourself in the fact that it's not the plastic tabs that hold the headlight to the front subframe, the OEM cost of that is £240!!

when the subframe goes the plastic tabs usually do too, bargain that one i had off you baph
Old 25-08-08, 11:32 PM   #12
Lozzo

Every now and then a cheap straight front subframe comes up on ebay. I bought one for my bike and found I didn't need it - I sold it to Baph for what it cost me. Headlights, rear subframes and front ones can be got from people like JHS, as Mr Thunderpants says. I got an immaculate undamaged pointy headlight from them for 75 squids. They told me at the time they have quite a few undamaged pointy road bits kicking around from roadbikes they've converted into racebikes
Old 25-08-08, 11:37 PM   #13
kwak zzr

so it was your subframe i had off baph then
Old 26-08-08, 12:17 AM   #14
Lozzo

I have no idea what Baph did with it, he might have given you his one and used the one I bought and sold.

I've still got stuff left over from the crash rebuild, I'll sort it all out and stick it up for sale once I get everything out of the lock-up and moved into my new workshop.
Old 26-08-08, 05:40 PM   #15
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
Headlights, rear subframes and front ones can be got from people like JHS...

...they have quite a few undamaged pointy road bits kicking around from roadbikes they've converted into racebikes
+ 1
Old 26-08-08, 06:22 PM   #16
Baph

Default Re: Rebuild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr View Post
so it was your subframe i had off baph then
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
I have no idea what Baph did with it, he might have given you his one and used the one I bought and sold.

I've still got stuff left over from the crash rebuild, I'll sort it all out and stick it up for sale once I get everything out of the lock-up and moved into my new workshop.
Just to clear the above up...

I thought my subframe was bent, so got Lozzo's. When I stripped the bike I found it was the plastic tabs on the headlight unit that were broken, so I kept the original subframe on my bike.

Kwak, you got Lozzo's subframe, for the same price as I paid for it. Lozzo dropped it off near enough at my house, I dropped it off at Stormy for you.