SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 13-09-10, 08:48 AM   #11
flymo
Mega Poster

Default Re: cheap new levers, will they fit?

I havent used these particular levers but I do have bad experience of cheap reaplacement levers. I was working in my garage on the race bike one day when I lightly bumped into the replacement front brake lever fitted tothe bike pushing slightly in the wrong direction. The lever simply broke off, very weak material.

So, they may look the same and feel like a bargain. The most important part is something that you cant easily test, the strength of the material.

For a clutch I wouldnt be bothered, but a front brake lever?? That has to be one of the most important parts of the bike. Luckily for me the lever broke in my garage and not at the end of a straight doing 100mph.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-10, 09:45 AM   #12
Matts-Yokes

What Flymo said!

Without causing any offence:

You would have to be pretty stupid to buy these. The reason they are cheap is because they are untested crap made in a far eastern sweat shop with no R&D (research and development) they are simply copied from a european or american company who have spent probably 10's of thousands of pounds making sure that firstly they fit and more importantly are fit for purpose.

People who buy this crap need there heads testing, some big companies use far eastern manufacturers to keep the prices down BUT the big difference between them and the sweat shop companies is that the big companies have stringent quality control procedures in place and test parts that are manufactured outside there own facility.

Its up to you, remember also though that just because they are differnet doenst mean to say people will think they are any good and they probably wont work any better than a standard cast lever made by Suzuki. So all you are actually doing is throwing £50 into something thats worth nothing to you.

You can tell these are low grade parts because the anodising is very bright and garish looking, it is low quality material that they have to add alot of brightener to in the anodising process to make it look reasonable but in fact it just makes it look cheap and nasty like it has been bought off Blackpool seafront in a tacky souvenier shop.

Last edited by Matts-Yokes; 13-09-10 at 09:51 AM.
Old 14-09-10, 09:36 PM   #13
ian505050

fitted mine and they work great

Old 20-09-10, 04:12 PM   #14
AirArmed

looks good let me know what you think of them.

warrenhewitt10 i meant is it possible to fit a 1000 hydraulic clutch system to the 650? has anyone done it do they know?