SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-07-07, 01:39 PM   #11
600+

Default Re: Rant about Recruitment Agencies

well this is why I'm getting a bit miffed with the whole situation

agency says one thing then company come back with a different offer on things I didn't ask or want in the first place
Old 13-07-07, 02:10 PM   #12
Pedro68

I have a lot of sympathy for ya ... although I can also say that I've dealt with a lot of good recruitment agencies also ... and I don't mind mentioning some of them:

Progressive
Pathway
IS Recruitment (Iain Brassal - top bloke!)

The ones that really hack me off are the ones that try to use "automated matching" systems that try and match job specs to CV's. Just because I mentioned that I did 6 months of Unix Admin 12 years ago, they contact me with jobs asking me if I'd be interested in a Unix Admin position!

And then there's the agencies who "have just received your CV ..." and thought you might be interested in this "exciting new role" (sorry but I've done Computer Operations, Technical Support, Systems Admin, Development, and now Business Intelligence, and I would hardly describe ANY of them as "exciting", although if they are offering a six-figure salary perhaps I'd revise my definition :P ) ... one agent even contacted me on an e-mail address that I know for a fact had been removed from my CV for the past 5 years - I still don't know how they acquired such an outdated copy of my CV

Pete
Old 13-07-07, 02:23 PM   #13
Dave The Rave

Mate I am in the same situation. Agent phoned and got me this interview. They liked me, I liked them and I am still waiting. The interview was on the 3rd of July! Beat that! On the phone to the agent 2x, numerous e-mails. No feedback! How bad is that? Next time he asks I will tell him to ki$$ my 4r$e.
Old 13-07-07, 03:21 PM   #14
600+

Well i'm going to ring the agent at 5pm as agreed for a further update.

I've done the maths and without a company car the car allowance wouldn't cover the money i'd lose on my car - heck even the payrise i'm getting half of it would have to go to cover the car bills!!

so with no company car it will be a complete show stopper! their loss as far as i'm concerned if it comes to that.

Dave - what can I say! been there had that and unfortunately cannot find a different way of getting a new job

Pedro - have had positive experiences as well but the ratio between good and bad is unfortunately going towards BAD!

Sales people end of the day if you think about it! They are after a commision
Old 13-07-07, 05:24 PM   #15
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600+ View Post
Sales people end of the day if you think about it! They are after a commision
Please...... Sales people ? Most of these people couldn't sell Ice to Arabs.

Sales is a respectable profession. The pressure to achieve, month in month out, is greater than even a football manager. Good sales people look after clients as they are an asset, and if you don't protect your assets you'll have no job.

I've been a successful sales person/manager/director for over 20 years, please don't tarnish me with the same brush as amateur recruitment consultants !

Old 13-07-07, 06:37 PM   #16
600+

actually I thought about it after I wrote it but thought leave it

as in every profession there are good and bad - it just happens that most recruitment agencies are cr@p and Jelster they are sales people, they as well need to achieve month in month out, they have targets as well.
Old 13-07-07, 10:34 PM   #17
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600+ View Post
actually I thought about it after I wrote it but thought leave it

as in every profession there are good and bad - it just happens that most recruitment agencies are cr@p and Jelster they are sales people, they as well need to achieve month in month out, they have targets as well.
Peanuts & monkeys syndrome....

The agencies I use charge a lot of money, but they deliver premium people. And it's not sales, it's consultancy, even if they get paid a bonus for hitting targets. There are lots of failed sales people out there who are now "consultants"....
Old 14-07-07, 08:47 AM   #18
600+

I think we will just agree to disagree on this one mate

different type of experiences shape our different points of view
Old 14-07-07, 10:09 PM   #19
gettin2dizzy

I got my payslip from the recruitment company i work for (which i incidentally didn't get my job through - i found it independently but this was the 'official' way of doing things) valued at ...£170. Then as part of my job I open mail - to see that the recruitment company were payed £270! For some reason they were also charged VAT on this? I can't understand why.
Old 18-07-07, 11:46 AM   #20
600+

Just a bit of an update (in my frustration really)

Company have come back to the agency after 2+ weeks to say that apparently now their Director wants a business case raising before they can recruit me - which could take up to another 2 weeks!!!

The agency also had the nerve to ask me if I would resign now in order to start within 4 weeks!!! Needless to say I'm fumming!! Told them how unpro they were advertising a job that doesn't really exist! They should have checked as far as my concerned.

So now that is off the books really until the contact me to say the contrary - which I'm not holding my breath for :@