Default Re: Nice places to Ride Outside London Request

Dean street?
Old 15-09-08, 10:32 PM   #12
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffo View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Bluethunder, sounds good, but if I'm honest I think I want to get my confidence back riding the thing before going in convoy, even a 2 man convoy hehe

I need to spend a day out in the middle of nowhere and get re-acquainted with the lovely. I'm pretty rusty after a month or so of not riding and not even confident getting my lean on

I was getting less than 140 before flashy lights in Wales, sunday I got 170!

Ok I need to stop feeling sorry for myself now!
Get your lid, leathers and bike and come for a ride

The only way to gain confidence is by riding the bike build up your experince then the rest will come. I still have crappy moments I nearly had a low side a while back. That was very much brown pants moment, it happens to to the best of us.

Don't worry about group riding, if you fall behind people will wait we are in no rush anyway the trick is to ride you ride, thats the most important thing.

So if you want to make the best of the good weather this w/end now is time to get out!
Old 16-09-08, 07:15 AM   #13
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Bluethunder, sounds good, but if I'm honest I think I want to get my confidence back riding the thing before going in convoy, even a 2 man convoy hehe

I need to spend a day out in the middle of nowhere and get re-acquainted with the lovely. I'm pretty rusty after a month or so of not riding and not even confident getting my lean on

I was getting less than 140 before flashy lights in Wales, sunday I got 170!

Ok I need to stop feeling sorry for myself now!
If you head north of enfield, there are some nice quiet roads around the A414. Off the A1000 you'll find the B156, and that'll lead you to the B157 and B158. Its not too hard to get lost, because you'll come out some place and keep seeing signs for motorways.

Cheers,

Matt
Old 16-09-08, 09:13 AM   #14
Lucas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
Dean street?
lots of drunk people on a long straight
Old 16-09-08, 09:26 AM   #15
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
lots of drunk people on a long straight
so its like that bit of the CBT....except the cones move
Old 16-09-08, 09:45 AM   #16
Grinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestarhero View Post
so its like that bit of the CBT....except the cones move
And the police chase you...

So when do people go to Dean Street then?
Old 16-09-08, 10:43 AM   #17
thor

take the a40 until it turns into the m40, then take the a413 north, keep going until buckingham. Plenty of nice roads round that buckingham - wycombe area.

Else, take the M4 to swindon and then bum around the a roads round stonehenge and malborough.

Or, take some of the A roads round marlow and henley.

Just get out and explore!
Old 16-09-08, 12:35 PM   #18
muffles

I've gone down to Eastbourne via Wessons cafe twice in the last month or so - it's good! Forget the road names/numbers (I think it's the A267?) but you go to Royal Tunbridge Wells and then the road going down towards Horam (where Wessons is) is pretty good. And then from Horam down to Eastbourne, along the seafront, and up the twisty road then turn off to Beachy Head. Then go back on the twisty road and carry on along it following signs towards Brighton, quite a few nice bits of road there too. It's about a 180-mile loop from south London.
Old 16-09-08, 09:44 PM   #19
Griffo

Oh man! I've certainly got a few weekends filled up now then! I remember driving past Stonehenge a few months back before I got the bike, scaring my housemate a bit, so i'll give it a crack on the bike!

I need a big map on a cork board, or maybe some sort of scalable map that's displayed on a computer screen where you can zoom in and out and put markers on places you want to go to.... sometimes I hate living in the 5th century AD!
Old 17-09-08, 07:03 AM   #20
muffles

Quote:
maybe some sort of scalable map that's displayed on a computer screen where you can zoom in and out and put markers on places you want to go to....
Hmmm...maps you say....maybe search the internet...Altavista perhaps? No, too out of date...Google? Maybe Google do some form of 'mapping' function....a 'Google Maps' if you will...a long shot but worth looking!