SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-05-09, 01:41 PM   #11
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: CAR DRIVERS rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
Probably new to driving in london. Have ocasionally collected weird looks in other places while in London commuter mode.
Haha, if only! Typical Jewish Princess type who was busy putting on her make-up as she sat at the lights, with her car in gear and creeping forward the whole time cos she didnt have her foot on the brake firmly enough. I see them daily but this one just lost it and started shouting, lol.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 01:47 PM   #12
pencil shavings

good responce to smile and wave, nothing like that has happened to me before luckly.

as for all the tricks, i wouldnt. not worth it if they just happen to loose it with you and decide to make a move for u with a large lump of somthing.

of course you could just ride away lol
Old 01-05-09, 01:52 PM   #13
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

I think I am going to have to dig out my Camera rig again and start recording my journeys to work again so that "out-of-towners" can experience the London Commute

Its like doing your Hazard Perception test all over again - except if they used it you could pass by just holding down the mouse button

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 01:53 PM   #14
Holdup

The ones that see you filtering so squash you feck me right off! had some one do it to me this morning (still managed to get through) i dont tend to get ar$ey with them but i tend to give it a fistful with the clutch in as i go past
Old 01-05-09, 01:55 PM   #15
pencil shavings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Its like doing your Hazard Perception test all over again - except if they used it you could pass by just holding down the mouse button
I rode in london when I lived there, for about 4 years. went back on the bike once about a year ago, after about 2 years of being away. To put it mildly I was sh1ting it!! I couldnt believe how dangerous it was, I never remembered it being like that, but I guess when its all you know you dont notice it.

much respect to everyone who stays rubber side down for their london commutes
Old 01-05-09, 01:59 PM   #16
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
I think I am going to have to dig out my Camera rig again and start recording my journeys to work again so that "out-of-towners" can experience the London Commute

Its so true, unless you experience it first hand you wouldn't believe some of the stories us londoners tell, lol.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 01-05-09, 02:06 PM   #17
Thingus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Its so true, unless you experience it first hand you wouldn't believe some of the stories us londoners tell, lol.

I wanna hear more who got into a fight? C'mon!
Old 01-05-09, 02:06 PM   #18
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Luvvit.
Theres something deeply satisfying (moral high ground and all that)To remain completely friendly and polite in the face of someone going off on one.Especially as that winds them up even more.
Old 01-05-09, 02:10 PM   #19
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingus View Post
I wanna hear more who got into a fight? C'mon!
Yup, sadly been there and done that too. Not proud but also not ashamed of it. Especially as the guy got out the smart car he was in and was twice as tall and twice as wide as the car. But hell, when its on, ITS ON!.

The fact that 3 cars full of armed police came and brike it up is another story tho, lol. And no, neither he or me were tooled up before you think all londers are gun tottin' crack smokin' nutters
Old 01-05-09, 02:21 PM   #20
Bibio
Mega Poster

i'm glad i stay in scotland... most of the time people in cages move over when they see a bike filtering...

i have noticed that its usually the arrogant bmw/merc business men who dont move over..
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote