SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-11-09, 09:08 PM   #11
Bluefish

Default Re: Go away John Smeaton "OR AL SET ABOOT YE"

Yeah, she died a horrible death. So did thousands of other people in that war and it is terrible part of the worlds history but COME ON! It was 60 ish years ago!

was going to comment, but it has allready been said, only realised that as i scrolled to the bottom of the thread, but, that comment is the same as the ****ing on the war memorial, it was 60 years ago so who cares, well as we have found out plenty do. 60 600 6000 matters not a jot, it is common decency and respect, expected more from you mbk.
Old 05-11-09, 09:27 PM   #12
Philbo

Have to say that when it comes to comedy, for me, anything goes. Especially with the comedians mentioned who are well known for being close to the bone. If you don't like it change the channel.

bluefishman
For me at least, the difference between this and the "taking a p*** on a war memorial" issue, is that there is no chioces involved. His actions were put upon the public, publicly...if that makes any sense. People can choose which commedians to listen to, and on the whole they know what to expect. Freedom of speach n' all that jazz.
Old 05-11-09, 09:34 PM   #13
Bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbo View Post

bluefishman
Freedom of speach n' all that jazz.
yep, you said it right there, and where did you get that freedom from?
Old 05-11-09, 09:50 PM   #14
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefishman View Post
Yeah, she died a horrible death. So did thousands of other people in that war and it is terrible part of the worlds history but COME ON! It was 60 ish years ago!

was going to comment, but it has allready been said, only realised that as i scrolled to the bottom of the thread, but, that comment is the same as the ****ing on the war memorial, it was 60 years ago so who cares, well as we have found out plenty do. 60 600 6000 matters not a jot, it is common decency and respect, expected more from you mbk.
Woah! Steady on!!!

Think you should go back and read your comments about the soldiers who have lost limbs.

If you can laugh at that then I am sorry but you cannot judge me on this!!!!!

And how dare you say that I am doing the same as the idiot who urinated on the war memorial!

PS - I think you should read the rest of my posts in this thread before you speak to me like that!

Last edited by Milky Bar Kid; 05-11-09 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-11-09, 09:54 PM   #15
TheOnlyNemesis

i think with comedians, it doesn't matter, they will say things thatare harsh but it is always said in a light hearted manor and nothing malicious so people need to get off their backs. all this pc **** is ruining mock the week dam it.
Old 05-11-09, 10:10 PM   #16
Philbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyNemesis View Post
i think with comedians, it doesn't matter, they will say things thatare harsh but it is always said in a light hearted manor and nothing malicious so people need to get off their backs. all this pc **** is ruining mock the week dam it.

+1!

bluefishman
Touche!

There is an arguement that not execising our freedom of speach is to devalue that which all those people died for...back me up someone!
Old 05-11-09, 10:18 PM   #17
Bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid View Post
Woah! Steady on!!!

Think you should go back and read your comments about the soldiers who have lost limbs.

If you can laugh at that then I am sorry but you cannot judge me on this!!!!!

And how dare you say that I am doing the same as the idiot who urinated on the war memorial!

PS - I think you should read the rest of my posts in this thread before you speak to me like that!
mbk, you can not stick up for veterans, or the people who gave their lifes in conflict's one sentance, and in the next say quote, Yeah, she died a horrible death. So did thousands of other people in that war and it is terrible part of the worlds history but COME ON! It was 60 ish years, ago!

It's just not cricket.
And you won't thank me for this but, how would you feel if in 60ish years some one said about a member of your family that had passed away 60ish years ago, quote, but COME ON! It was 60 ish years, ago!

Last edited by Bluefish; 05-11-09 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-11-09, 10:24 PM   #18
TheOnlyNemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefishman View Post
mbk, you can not stick up for veterans, or the people who gave their lifes in conflict's one sentance, and in the next say quote, Yeah, she died a horrible death. So did thousands of other people in that war and it is terrible part of the worlds history but COME ON! It was 60 ish years ago!,

It's just not cricket.
i think the point MBK was trying to get across was that comedians say other jokes about war and situations and less of a fuss is kicked up but as soon as you mention someone remotely famous from the war including hitler it gets out of hand with how "PC" it has to be.
Old 05-11-09, 10:24 PM   #19
Milky Bar Kid

I think if you read my posts properly you would see that I was meaning that this joke is decades old and has been told countless times by countless comedians.

People make jokes about the Twin Towers. People make jokes about the soldiers that are being injured as we speak and people don't seem to get anywhere near as offended, but yet, a joke about something which happened 60 odd years ago is turned into the most heinous thing to say EVER in the history of man!

Anyway, this is derailing my thread and I would appreciate it if you didn't.
Old 05-11-09, 10:25 PM   #20
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyNemesis View Post
i think the point MBK was trying to get across was that comedians say other jokes about war and situations and less of a fuss is kicked up but as soon as you mention someone remotely famous from the war including hitler it gets out of hand with how "PC" it has to be.

EXACTLY my point. At least someone reads these things properly without slandering the OP and likening them to some yob urinating on a war memorial.