SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-11-07, 11:31 PM   #11
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Default Re: child tax credits, child benifits etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
WTF are those all about. Surely if you want children, you should be able to afford to bring them up. Why should the tax pay subsidise the by product of some scroats recreational sh****g.
What utter poo!!! I pay tax and have done since i started working 12 years ago so I feel i'm entitled to claim a bit back for the upkeep of my child and I resent you refering to my child as a product of recreational sh*****g and refering to me as a scroat. You know nothing about me, my family or my circumstances!

Does your son/daughter not claim childrens tax credits for your grandchild?

Just to further what Billy said, do you begrudge pensioners their weekly pension or the extra money they get in winter for their heating bills? Do you begrudge people with disabilties claiming benefits? What about people on lower incomes claiming housing or council tax benefits?

Last edited by dirtydog; 09-11-07 at 12:35 AM.
dirtydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-07, 11:35 PM   #12
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
WTF are those all about. Surely if you want children, you should be able to afford to bring them up. Why should the tax pay subsidise the by product of some scroats recreational sh****g.
You know I'm not a scroat Tim, and I get rather a lot of tax credits since me and the ex split. I work rathr hard too, rather not recieve credits but have to survive somehow. Being the single parent variety I should imagine I'm the wors type of Scroat.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-07, 11:49 PM   #13
slark01

Everyone that is earning a wage upto about 15k is allowed Working Tax Credit, which is a vast amount of people in England. As for child Tax Credit it's everyone who is earning upto 56k, which is the majority.
How much does a person need to earn before they can afford a child?
I get a small amount of Child Tax Credit, my wife works in a good job, however if I was to work then I would end up bringing home an average of £35 a week due to paying childcare costs, and that's not even taking into account of travelling expense food or anything.
Not everyone is smart enough to work in a 100k a year job, so some help from the government is appreciated.
I understand how people feel about how their taxes are spent, but jeez not all of us people who get tax credits are scroats.
Rather tired now, not use to being up this late so gonna go to bed and dream of all that lovely Tax money.
Old 08-11-07, 11:54 PM   #14
Biker_Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
What utter poo!!! I pay tax and have done since i started working 12 years ago so I feel i'm entitled to claim a bit back for the upkeep of my child and I resent you refering to my child as a product of recreational sh*****g and refering to me as a scroat. You know nothing about me, my family or my circumstances!

Does your son/daughter not claim childrens tax credits for your grandchild?

Just to further what BikerBilly said, do you begrudge pensioners their weekly pension or the extra money they get in winter for their heating bills? Do you begrudge people with disabilties claiming benefits? What about people on lower incomes claiming housing or council tax benefits?

Did I say that...?
Old 08-11-07, 11:59 PM   #15
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Billy View Post
[/b]

Did I say that...?

Well you mentioned pension which is good enough for me
Old 09-11-07, 12:19 AM   #16
BILLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
Well you mentioned pension which is good enough for me
It was me!
Old 09-11-07, 12:36 AM   #17
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLY View Post
It was me!

Ah one Billy is as good as another Billy
Old 09-11-07, 07:16 AM   #18
Tomcat

Have to say I am not normally that uptight but I have taked this a bit personal.

I was in a incredibly unhappy marriage and if I hadnt been able to claim these benefits and move out I would still be there.... but then perhaps that would at least be the cheaper option? These benefits are not for people who chose not to work but for people who are low earners .... if you are paying 40% tax mate ... you are earning it and, I am pleased for you, but dont begrudge those that can barely afford to pay for household items a little helping hand.
Old 09-11-07, 07:19 AM   #19
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
Have to say I am not normally that uptight but I have taked this a bit personal.

I was in a incredibly unhappy marriage and if I hadnt been able to claim these benefits and move out I would still be there.... but then perhaps that would at least be the cheaper option? These benefits are not for people who chose not to work but for people who are low earners .... if you are paying 40% tax mate ... you are earning it and, I am pleased for you, but dont begrudge those that can barely afford to pay for household items a little helping hand.
Well said, Tomcat. I was left alone to bring up three children through no fault of my own. I worked, through choice, but without extra help I would have been better off living off the state. I didn't want to do that, for my own self-respect.

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-07, 08:13 AM   #20
Ed

Could look at it another way.

If employers would pay people properly, and if the Government didn't take so much in tax, then I guess many people wouldn't need to claim in the first place.