SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-06-07, 09:16 PM   #11
Cloggsy

Default Re: Bought a new K7

Wot no pictures
Old 18-06-07, 09:56 AM   #12
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Last year in Feb/March, I bought a brand new K6(s) with lowers for just under £4500 (bike was £4050 plus however much it was for the lowers) and bought the seat cowl later for about ~£50 I think.
And that was with free servicing for 2 years (or 8000 miles, which did come first).

They were doing an offer at the time, but still... for them to want you to pay nearly £5k for it, I think is a bit much!
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-07, 10:18 AM   #13
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1ROCKET View Post
Nice choice, has this got the twin spark plug per cylinder head engine?
+1
Sounds like you got a great deal! makes sense that the Sport was just Suzuki trying to shift last year's model, so to get the brand new model at th start of the season at the same price is a job well done! (& Black is so much better than any K6 colour)

But is the K7 different in any way AT ALL from the K6 (other thann better colour choice)
Probably unfair to ask you as you wouldn't know the exact specs of the old ones. So you owe it to us to go to the AR07! It really is for everyone. The fast rideout for the more experienced was the "North South" last weekend.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-07, 01:54 PM   #14
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
But is the K7 different in any way AT ALL from the K6 (other thann better colour choice)
Probably unfair to ask you as you wouldn't know the exact specs of the old ones.
From my understanding there is no difference between the K6 and K7. I asked the dealers I spoke to this exact question and they only told me that the colours were different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
So you owe it to us to go to the AR07! It really is for everyone. The fast rideout for the more experienced was the "North South" last weekend.
I would love to come to the AR07 but I have a feeling that the journey there and back maybe a little bit long for a newbie. I live near London Bridge which would mean a 260 mile journey to Austwick and 260 miles back . Now I don't know what you think, but to me that sounds like a long way to go on your first week riding solo and on your new SV 650!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggsy View Post
Wot no pictures
Will post pictures as soon as the dealer gives me the keys on Saturday!

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote