SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-06-10, 08:58 PM   #11
BBadger

Default Re: Heavy clutch

Thats why i think it could be rubbing/binding making it hard work due to routing.
And good call on the position of the tension adjustment bit as that will take seconds to sort out.

Ill have ago at adjusting both ends and checking out the routing tomorrow and report back!
Old 15-06-10, 07:26 PM   #12
BBadger

Today was lever off clean and re-grease and had a small bit of silicone grease in a spray and put that down the top end and its already easing up so rubbing is the cause.

Get the cable elevated and run some oil down it on Friday along with a full re-grease of the worm drive and it should hopefully be back to its feathery self.

Thanks everyone.
Old 15-06-10, 07:38 PM   #13
2hys

ive had this prob since i got my sv k3 in 2008 never noticed it till a mate said it was stiff, we oiled it and it was better for a while, then i went and test rode a new FZ1, the clutch lever was silky smooth, so decided it was time to replace my clutch cable, 8 quid off ebay and about 30 minutes in the garage later i to now have a silky clutch best mod ive made to the bike! HTH rhys
Old 15-06-10, 07:58 PM   #14
Miss_Undaztood

I think my clutch is heavier than it could/should be too, just noticed that when the clutch cable lug was re-welded to the generator cover ( chain snapped with previous owner and done some damage ) its not quite at the correct angle and the cable is rubbing where it exits the outer sheath. Also the worm drive lever is slightly twisted so the cable pulls that at a weird angle too. Fekkin thing, more time/money reqd.