SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 06-03-06, 07:40 PM   #11
northwind
Mega Poster

Crabs are fine as long as they're stationary, but when they start walking sideways you realise how ****ed the whole concept is. Still, you have to admit they got the rough end of the deal on that island.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-06, 07:53 PM   #12
philipMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
Crabs are fine as long as they're stationary, but when they start walking sideways you realise how ****ed the whole concept is. Still, you have to admit they got the rough end of the deal on that island.
Yes. The scuttling. I dont like that at all.
Nice one Northy.
How about you give me a nice graphic description of how their little mouth parts are always flying around, and bubbling, and the wave that freaking claw up in the air with their pointy legs all scratching and skidding about the place and jesus christ I dont feel well.

Can you imagine trying to drive a bike around that place. You would be picking bits of crabs out of the chain and all.

CRABBBSSS.
Old 06-03-06, 08:16 PM   #13
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Hey, PhilMac.....

so this one dont freak you out right?
http://marinefisheries.org/images/crabs/landcrab.jpg
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-06, 08:24 PM   #14
northwind
Mega Poster

Ah yes, the creepy face.

But then, a moment's sympthy for the poor crab. Ever eaten dressed crab? We kill the poor sods, then scoop out the flesh, and EAT IT OUT OF THE CORPSE! Would you eat a steak if it was delivered to the table in a cow's skull?

You know what else is similiarly creepy to crabs? Stick insects. They've got the same mandible thing going on, a similiar (in principle) unsettling walk...

(actual size)

And they do THIS:

http://www.microcosmos.org.uk/pics8/face3.jpg
Old 06-03-06, 08:36 PM   #15
philipMac

Funny *******s.

So, apparantly, its crabs only. And its moving crabs. Although that lad waving his claw vexes me slightly.

I found a preying mantis in the back garden there, and had him running around on my hand. No worries. Even moths, and things flying in my face is completely fine.
Its crabs. Moving. And scratching.
Me no gusta.
Old 06-03-06, 08:59 PM   #16
Well Oiled

Taped it last night as my daughter was in bed and just watched it with her earlier tonight. Unbelievable programme. We were both rivetted. Had to console her a bit when the wolf finally caught the little caribou. Oddly she wasn't that concerned about the fate of the little seal. That Great White coming out of the water in super slo-mo was truly awesome. Hope the rest of the series lives up to the standard of the first one.
Old 07-03-06, 04:43 PM   #17
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipMac

Funny b*stards.

So, apparantly, its crabs only. And its moving crabs. Although that lad waving his claw vexes me slightly.

I found a preying mantis in the back garden there, and had him running around on my hand. No worries. Even moths, and things flying in my face is completely fine.
Its crabs. Moving. And scratching.
Me no gusta.

pmsl

What if we mated the crab and the insect, would you like it then?

It would be a crabstick!!!

http://www.pfp-pacific.com/IMAGES/PR.../crabstick.jpg

oh, btw, you think that little guy waving at you was vexxing.... you dont even wanna know about the ones i thought were just too much for your enjoyment. there was a picture of LOADS in a box.... i swear i could hear them shuffling and scratching away at each others slimy mouths
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-06, 10:38 PM   #18
northwind
Mega Poster

Oh and by the way, this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipMac
CRABBBSSS.
made me choke on a drink.