SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 12-08-07, 01:23 PM   #11
BILLY

Default Re: Er....yes, it's a tool :)

Spray it Black Ben You know you want to And that shock of mine will go soo well in it
Old 12-08-07, 03:27 PM   #12
Stig

Is that you collecting even more bits or getting rid some.
Old 12-08-07, 09:04 PM   #13
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
Yes.

I like the way the lines follow the frame, but did you use fibre glass and spray it yourself (I warn you I will be after tips)?
No clever work here S_H. I just wanted to retain one mount each at the top and bottom. Marked with felt pen as close to mounting lugs and went to work with a Hack Saw...not even a fancy dremel here

Panels were slightly damaged blue but that wasn't the reason why as said earlie. I was waiting for some bits to hopefully turn up but one weekend, I just felt the urge to do some work on the bike. The rest as they say is history

Lissa, I just close my eyes and imargin it's all blue. Means I can have a different colour for eash day of the week....not that I'd want any colour other than blue

Billy, shock will, very possibly or perhaps on other bike . As for painting it black, it's a tool and not some blinged up wotsit.......it's built to be ridden properly

ianofbhills, it's a bespoke yoke from tesperformance.co.uk. For a three bolt drop down/stepped yoke(50mm height at fork hole) like the one in the pic, price starts from around £240. Originally I had a five bolt/75mm one

Reason for me is I'm one of those unique haha folks that like a relatively lazy geometry on their bikes and so prefer to be able to retain the SV front ride height as a starting point.
This of course means if using regular clipons, you'll actually lose some bar height. Sorted with use of a Ducati 750SS or 900SS(think it's the 900SS) clip ons.

I could gain a bit more bar height by have the top yoke slight modified but could be ar_sed as it was already anodised etc.

Simon, definitely getting rid of lots

Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-07, 01:31 PM   #14
gettin2dizzy

nice forks. Easy to do? but £240 for a yoke?!
Old 13-08-07, 11:48 PM   #15
haggis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
nice forks. Easy to do? but £240 for a yoke?!
Quality costs mate.....
And that is at the affordable end of the market for bespoke parts like this.