SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-12-09, 10:14 AM   #2551
krhall

Default Re: The running thread!

Not a problem Ed...easy!
Old 07-12-09, 10:27 AM   #2552
Ed

More positive strokes!! I would really like to do it, given that Liverpool is my second home...
Old 07-12-09, 01:52 PM   #2553
Stig

No problems at all Ed. You'd walk it.
Old 07-12-09, 07:35 PM   #2554
krhall

I almost walked it tonight, my running was p1ss poor and I felt truly awful on the way home, worst run in a very long time.

Need to lose a bit of weight and learn some restraint around food.
Old 07-12-09, 08:32 PM   #2555
madness

I had a good run/walk on Friday with Ibby. Did 7 miles on a run 5 mins./walk 2 mins basis. I was a little tender afterwards. Unfortunately when I went out again on Sunday, I only managed 2 miles before my left calf was too painful to carry on. Probably running too far when I'm out with Ibby.
Old 07-12-09, 08:39 PM   #2556
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post

Need to lose a bit of weight and learn some restraint around food.
+1
Old 07-12-09, 08:46 PM   #2557
flymo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness View Post
I had a good run/walk on Friday with Ibby. Did 7 miles on a run 5 mins./walk 2 mins basis. I was a little tender afterwards. Unfortunately when I went out again on Sunday, I only managed 2 miles before my left calf was too painful to carry on. Probably running too far when I'm out with Ibby.
7 miles sounds a bit too far too soon to me. Thats a fairly long run unless you are conditioned for it. Try reducing the distance to something you can regularly acheive without trouble and build up after you gain confidence. Dont train with somebody that needs to go further or faster than you.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-09, 08:54 PM   #2558
krhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymo View Post
7 miles sounds a bit too far too soon to me. Thats a fairly long run unless you are conditioned for it. Try reducing the distance to something you can regularly acheive without trouble and build up after you gain confidence. Dont train with somebody that needs to go further or faster than you.
Spot on mate - 7 miles is a long way fella. If you are not running those distances regularly it's too far.

Don't forget rest days & recovery too.
Old 07-12-09, 10:21 PM   #2559
Ed

Zilch today, it was Sophie's school carol service up at Ellesmere, so we went there. And I wasn't sorry either cos it's hammering down here, and has been all evening.
Old 07-12-09, 10:30 PM   #2560
Ian P

Got to get out running again, it started out as a week off, havent been out for the last 3. Its so easy to sit back and do nothing
Ian P is offline   Reply With Quote