SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-12-09, 09:53 PM   #2581
sarah

Default Re: The running thread!

do you guys smile/say hello to/wave at/otherwise acknowledge other runners when you are out running?

i do, but sometimes seems like quite an effort to get people to smile back. today was quite a smiley day though and i even got a wave
Old 09-12-09, 09:56 PM   #2582
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
do you guys smile/say hello to/wave at/otherwise acknowledge other runners when you are out running?

i do, but sometimes seems like quite an effort to get people to smile back. today was quite a smiley day though and i even got a wave
I always run on my own. I always nod, but rarely get one back, most have wires in their ears and don't even notice me.
Old 09-12-09, 09:58 PM   #2583
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
I always run on my own. I always nod, but rarely get one back, most have wires in their ears and don't even notice me.
if i'm running on my own i usually have wires in my ears, doesn't stop me from being friendly though.
Old 09-12-09, 09:59 PM   #2584
flymo
Mega Poster

Quote:

nah, sod em.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-09, 09:59 PM   #2585
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Yeah, Im the same, always let on to other runners but rarely get much back, dont let it bother me anymore, but it used to annoy me
Old 09-12-09, 10:01 PM   #2586
sarah

i see it as a challenge.
Old 10-12-09, 09:12 AM   #2587
krhall

[QUOTE=stewie;2119978]I was parked up overnight in my truck once at cherwell valley services on the M40, decided to go for what I thought was a nice short 4 mile run, the guy in the next truck was taking the **** when I was doing my stretches etc, so I set off and dont know quite what happened but I ended up doing nearly 9 miles and wore me nips off into the bargain which bloody hurt too, went out in a bright yellow T shirt came back in an orange one, still you gotta laugh havent ya ?QUOTE]

OUCH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymo View Post
right, we're all coming to Kevs for tea next time
Cup of tea at the NMM followed by a run down old father thames to the dome and back!!!

Quote:

Always, because running is really boring without something to break the monotony, varying response though from nothing to big smiles or even an audible sound! Seems to me that faster more serious looking runners don't acknowledge me, but b*ll*cks to them!
Old 10-12-09, 11:07 AM   #2588
Stig

I always give a hand gesture or something to acknowledge them. We have after all a common interest which the majority of the general populace do not have. If nothing else it could possibly give encouragement to someone who is maybe having a tough time with thier running and a little nod of appreciation will give them the urge to carry on. At this time of year it can be quite an isolated thing to do.
Old 10-12-09, 11:46 AM   #2589
krhall

I had a lonely 14.5 miler this morning on my way to work (the long way round) watched the sun coming up, feel fubar'd now though. Longest run since abingdon.

New shoes were good, but I got a small stone in them about 3 or 4 miles from work, but as it wasn't bothering me too much I didn't stop. Took my socks off before the shower and my foot was covered in blood.

Si - Have they turned up yet?
Old 10-12-09, 12:05 PM   #2590
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post

Si - Have they turned up yet?
Not yet Kev but waiting with eagerness.