SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-12-09, 02:10 PM   #2591
sarah

Default Re: The running thread!

just done longest run ever.
13.29 miles.
yaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Old 13-12-09, 09:39 AM   #2592
flymo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
13.29 miles.
awesome Sarah, brilliant effort. thats a half marathon right there.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-09, 10:17 AM   #2593
sarah

I was supposed to be doing 12 miles but i couldn't resist going a bit further

It's great knowing that i am capable of doing a half marathon: a real confidence boost.
Old 13-12-09, 03:18 PM   #2594
krhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
13.29 miles.
Half-Marathon in the bag then - well done Sarah! What an achievement in a short space of time.

Top work.
Old 13-12-09, 08:08 PM   #2595
krhall

I managed 15.5 miles earlier and it actually felt ok ish, am aching now though...

Ed = Where you at?
Old 13-12-09, 10:58 PM   #2596
Ed

Ooh I ain't run at all this weekend

Fri evening - busy week etc so had a few drinkies

Sat - got up late after what turned out to be a bit of a sesh. Had to be dad's taxi from 10.30 to 4, then we had to get ready to go out for er some drinkies. Took child with to drinkies as she was stopping there overnight while we went to a ball. We didn't get home till 2.30am and I think it was 3 or maybe 3.30am by the time I drifted off, only to wake up again at 6 with a raging thirst, and then drifted off at 7am.

Sun - **** we're late!!! Going out to ahem just a few lunchtime drinkies up in Ellesmere, got badly held up by hundreds of inconsiderate bloody motorbikes doing some toy run in Shrewsbury town centre, so were late. After, had to go to friends' house at English Frankton (north Shropshire) to fetch child as baysitter had driven her there as they were going out. Not to the same drinkies And then had to go to Sainsbos as not a morsel in the house, then to Dobbies to invest in a Christmas tree, and then had a bit of fodder and a few drinkies, then had to put up the sodding tree, and ended the day with some gluhwein

Not a running weekend I'm afraid.

I'll make up for it tomoz
Old 15-12-09, 01:14 PM   #2597
Tim in Belgium

Thought I'd get back into this thread after not doing much running over the summer, I was concentrating on my cycling for the Nurburgring 24hr team race, and have been cycling to work most of the time ever since. After going out for a 30 minute jog last night I've just signed up for Rotterdam Marathon on the 11th April. So it's back into the running for me, but I still plan to cycle to work 3-4 times a week as I do at the moment, hopefully the two will be compatible.

So onwards and upwards with the training, I'll buy some new shoes back in the UK this christmas as my current ones are getting on a fair bit. Just got to look at getting a training plan together, fit it around the odd ski holiday and get down to a sub 4 hr time, that's my goal.
Old 15-12-09, 02:32 PM   #2598
flymo
Mega Poster

Wooohooo. Went out at lunch time to do a 3 miler, decided to push it today as the wind had dropped.

Achieved a new personal best of 23m13s, down from 24m30s. Very very happy with that.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-09, 06:20 PM   #2599
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymo View Post
Wooohooo. Went out at lunch time to do a 3 miler, decided to push it today as the wind had dropped.

Achieved a new personal best of 23m13s, down from 24m30s. Very very happy with that.
nice one!
Old 15-12-09, 10:06 PM   #2600
Ed

Terrific runs peeps!!

I went to Hinckley today (see separate thread) so no run. Tomorrow, back to normalcy.