SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-12-09, 11:22 AM   #2611
Ed

Default Re: The running thread!

I did run home the long way on Friday.

I'm about to go for a fairly slow 7 miler over to Shelton water tower on the west side of town. That will be the longest distance I've run this year, I think. It's blue sky and sunny here, no snow, but very cold. Perfect conditions for running
Old 20-12-09, 01:09 PM   #2612
Ed

Just back, I did 8 as I was enjoying it so much. That is the longest I have run this year, it took me 71mins and a few seconds. So 9 min miling, which is what I wanted. Feeling very pleased with myself!!!

Got to go fetch Anne's christmas prez now, from an arty crafty shop over at Much Wenlock. As it's so nice here (although clouding over, perhaps we'll have snow after all) I'm going on the bike
Old 20-12-09, 04:11 PM   #2613
stewie

Soon as I woke up this morning and saw the snow outside I knew I definitely had to get out and run, however the blue skies turned a rather lurid shade of yellow/grey and it was a mix of rain and sleet coming down, did 4 miles and tbh I didnt enjoy it as I thought I would, still thats another 4 miles in the bank.
Old 21-12-09, 08:02 AM   #2614
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Soon as I woke up this morning and saw the snow outside I knew I definitely had to get out and run, however the blue skies turned a rather lurid shade of yellow/grey and it was a mix of rain and sleet coming down, did 4 miles and tbh I didnt enjoy it as I thought I would, still thats another 4 miles in the bank.
That sounds grim. Well done for braving it though!

I did 12.4 miles on Saturday. Was v snowy and icy which meant I had to take a few detours from my usual route (which meant I got lost) and take it gently. V fun.

p.s. I've got my justgiving page up and running now.
Old 21-12-09, 10:05 AM   #2615
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
Linky please
Old 21-12-09, 12:58 PM   #2616
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Linky please
www.justgiving.com/runningforbirt
Old 21-12-09, 03:08 PM   #2617
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
That sounds grim. Well done for braving it though!

I did 12.4 miles on Saturday. Was v snowy and icy which meant I had to take a few detours from my usual route (which meant I got lost) and take it gently. V fun.

Wow you seem to be cranking out the miles Sarah, nice one
Old 22-12-09, 03:51 PM   #2618
krhall

Blimey Sarah, you are putting down some serious miles!!! Come pay day I shall visit the site.

Well done ED & Stewie - The tough ones you don't enjoy are the ones you get the most out of!
Old 22-12-09, 03:54 PM   #2619
krhall

I started marathon training yesterday, it went really well - A REST DAY.

Today was my first run, to work so I can go out on the ssip tonight! Was really
treacherous though on the ice and snow, especially up hill.

Have now cracked 1600 miles for the year, which I am quite pleased with as I am a little fatty plop who loves junk food.
Old 23-12-09, 07:05 AM   #2620
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
Blimey Sarah, you are putting down some serious miles!!! Come pay day I shall visit the site.