SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-12-09, 06:11 PM   #2631
Ed

Default Re: The running thread!

I did think of a recovery run this afternoon but it's so cold here that I decided against. It's bad enough in a sheletered spot but then with the wind, it's not pleasant at all. So I played with my new toy and uploaded the data from yesterday I love the elevation and speed profile. I had hoped that the slower uphills would be matched by faster downhills, but I think the Garmin must have developed a fault
Old 28-12-09, 11:25 PM   #2632
Tim in Belgium

Went out for another hour today, black ice and snow still in the borders, flat Holland should be easy on the return.
Old 29-12-09, 06:32 PM   #2633
Ed

Rain turning to snow here, am about to go out for 4 or 5
Old 29-12-09, 09:12 PM   #2634
Ed

A tale of what ought to have been - I ought to have set of earlier, I ought not to have left it until Anne was getting dinner, I ooght not to have waited until it started snowing...

2.75 sloppy miles, turned back as it was slippery and I decided that not falling over was a good idea
Old 30-12-09, 09:24 AM   #2635
krhall

2.75 miles is still more than many people run in a year so bag it as a job well done!

I did 8 miles with strides yesterday along the Thames in driving rain, which wasn't too pleasant.

I think I may be developing shin splints though as I have been getting pain down both shins in the last few weeks...
Old 30-12-09, 10:00 AM   #2636
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post

I think I may be developing shin splints though as I have been getting pain down both shins in the last few weeks...
Old 30-12-09, 10:05 AM   #2637
krhall

I am able to run through them though and they normally get better after 3 or 4 miles and they are not painful enough to stop me, so I'm not entirely sure that it is them.
Old 30-12-09, 03:27 PM   #2638
krhall

Went for a 5 miler earlier with a couple of people from work, so slowed a bit and even though we were running through proper puddles/mud etc. and it was cold I didn't feel a thing?
Old 30-12-09, 05:22 PM   #2639
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
Went for a 5 miler earlier with a couple of people from work, so slowed a bit and even though we were running through proper puddles/mud etc. and it was cold I didn't feel a thing?
No sense, no pain
Old 30-12-09, 05:52 PM   #2640
Ed

I'm about to get changed, aiming for a 6pm departure for a 5 miler. Last night it was snowing, tonight it's raining