SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-15, 07:05 AM   #21
mister c
Mega Poster

Default Re: Photo a day 2015

Took this last night. I am trying my hand at long exposure. Really pleased with the outcome. I put it into Photoshop to crop the top & it's knicked all of the EXIF data, bit cheesed off really.
Lillies by Col Hughes63, on Flickr
Old 03-01-15, 10:01 AM   #22
Brettus

Default Photo a day 2015

Like it L3nny, the cat looks like something out of Critters

Mister_C, there will likely be an option for it somewhere, Lightroom has a tick box and drop down on export to say do nothing or do something with the exit and if something then refer to the drop down for options. Might have come into play if you use Lightroom to pass it to PS or if you're just in Photoshop then there is likely a similar thing on save in there, it does support exif so it's doing something it thinks you want
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Old 03-01-15, 01:43 PM   #23
mister c
Mega Poster

I don't seem to use Lightroom, I'll have to give it a go. I just cut & pasted it with Photoshop, then saved the cut picture. I need to learn a few more things with these photo processing programmes lol
Old 03-01-15, 02:47 PM   #24
Brettus

Ah! cut and paste is likely going to lose the exif, as it'll be doing well to copy all the data in the images. If you're wanting to take the file into another program to do something with it, save it back to the hard disk then open that file in photoshop as it'll have all the extra stuff stored in the base file.

Workflow is a refining process, you'll get used to what you use for what bits and what you like to use. I mention lightroom as it is what I use but Bridge works and there are plenty of decent other software options out there. I just talk about what I know. Decent software makes life easier. have a search of youtube, see how others work and pick the bits you like.

I like lightroom as it lets me do pretty much everything photoshop does (including spot removal and healing) crop, rotate, RAW processing (white balance, sharpening, contrast etc) but also when I import the files to it, it stores them by date, I just give it some tags (like "night shot" or "moon" and perhaps a location) I can browse through them all or search based on any of the words I've entered and I never have to need to know where the files are actually stored, it just handles it.

Just my waffle of course but it might help.
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
Old 03-01-15, 03:01 PM   #25
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I have Lightroom at work but have yet to get the hang of it. I have full version of Photoshop too at work and home so tend to use that. But I need to sort out my home photos!
Old 03-01-15, 04:33 PM   #26
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

mine from Sunset over Pittington.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg field_1024x625.jpg (119.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg field_3_1024x335.jpg (23.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-01-15, 04:59 PM   #27
Amadeus

Default Photo a day 2015

What a f'ing great tree Richie. Love it.
Haven't decided whether the grass in the second shot helps or hinders the shot. Think it'd be a bit boring without it, despite the lovely colours.

L3nny, that does look a bit freaky. I'd be inclined to watch that, certainly don't turn your back on it. If we've not heard from you for a few days, we'll send out a search party.

Old 03-01-15, 04:59 PM   #28
admin
John T
Mega Poster

I love the shot with the trees
Old 03-01-15, 05:09 PM   #29
Brettus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
I have Lightroom at work but have yet to get the hang of it. I have full version of Photoshop too at work and home so tend to use that. But I need to sort out my home photos!
Ah! I was going to ask what you used given you do it professionally too, but the thought went out of my head before I hit the post button

I know a few orgers have tried Lightroom after hearing it mentioned but not all got on with it so it isn't for everyone but after a few videos on features and how to use it the benefit of it being my one stop shop for practically everything made it my favourite.

I'll see if I can dig out some of the videos that helped get the basics to see if they help anyone else out.

Richie, love that first one, I'm compelled to take a stick to those individual scraggly nettle stems and clear them out of there but then it probably wouldn't look natural, they just make it a little cluttered. Liking the composure and light though, great shot.
Quote:
Old 03-01-15, 08:52 PM   #30
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

I wasn't really happy with the last shot either...
if you go on my flickr page and look at the tree one in full screen mode ( hit F11) you can then see the detail in that tree

Last edited by Richie; 03-01-15 at 09:08 PM.
Closed Thread