SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: What would you choose?
Eternal life (but never have much cash) 12 30.77%
Endless cash (but mortal) 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-01-08, 07:43 PM   #21
laMon

Default Re: Eternal life or endless money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
Sorry boyz, this isn't the cinema, no pick-n-mix available!!! ... the choices are eternal life or money ... no combinations allowed!!

it does not make sense at all, if you were able to live eternal life you would become so clever that you would be the richest person on earth. your knowledge would be so vast that giving just a single lesson in life would cost a fortune....see what I mean. that's what i choose

unless you were retarded (mentally handicap) to start with
Old 27-01-08, 08:32 PM   #22
sinbad

Eternal life. I'd join the military and be put to good use somehow, surely they'd have some role for an immortal that stays at their physical peak and can regenerate themselves. I'd end up being an explorer of new worlds, I'd be internationally renowned. I wouldn't need a penny of my own to be happy doing that. That's what I would want someone else to do, so that's what I'd do myself.

Although, you have to define "endless money". Where does it come from? And what can I do with it? Write off all 3rd world debts? Infinitely fund charity organisations like unicef? Give as much as I like to anyone I wish? Turn Madagascar into the number one world superpower?
Old 27-01-08, 08:39 PM   #23
rob13

Id definitely take endless money, as with the cash, i would spend all my life that I had making the most of it. I wouldnt go to work, I'd do everything I have ever wanted to do and just live every day like it was my last. Of course the material things would be great, but to see the world travelling would be much better than to just exist. I see people who just exist everyday.
Old 27-01-08, 08:40 PM   #24
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by laMon View Post
it does not make sense at all, if you were able to live eternal life you would become so clever that you would be the richest person on earth. your knowledge would be so vast that giving just a single lesson in life would cost a fortune....see what I mean. that's what i choose

unless you were retarded (mentally handicap) to start with
It's not supposed to be a bullet proof contract stop trying to get the best of both worlds! ... the concept is endless money or endless life .

Anyway, for those who are interested in the concept and what it says about human nature (and why I started the thread/poll), is that it is a cold fact most people would choose endless money ...

One can also conclude that humans feel money is more important than life itself ... yes, those that have said money are effectively choosing money over life ... you would trade a few* years of life being extremely wealthy for life itself ... what does that say about 'us'?!?

*even if you lived to be 110, it is still 'few' compared to eternal!!
Old 27-01-08, 09:20 PM   #25
rob13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
It's not supposed to be a bullet proof contract stop trying to get the best of both worlds! ... the concept is endless money or endless life .

Anyway, for those who are interested in the concept and what it says about human nature (and why I started the thread/poll), is that it is a cold fact most people would choose endless money ...

One can also conclude that humans feel money is more important than life itself ... yes, those that have said money are effectively choosing money over life ... you would trade a few* years of life being extremely wealthy for life itself ... what does that say about 'us'?!?

*even if you lived to be 110, it is still 'few' compared to eternal!!
ah yes, but it all depends upon what you perceive to be "life". To me, Life isnt about existing, going day by day just scraping by. Life is about feeling alive and doing something which makes you feel good. To me that is learning, seeing and getting an adrenaline buzz from the activity which I am doing at that time.

Who honestly wants to live forever when you would see all your family & friends die?
Old 27-01-08, 09:28 PM   #26
sinbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchester View Post
ah yes, but it all depends upon what you perceive to be "life". To me, Life isnt about existing, going day by day just scraping by. Life is about feeling alive and doing something which makes you feel good. To me that is learning, seeing and getting an adrenaline buzz from the activity which I am doing at that time.

Who honestly wants to live forever when you would see all your family & friends die?
Me, but obviously not so that I would see that.
All I'm saying is that you don't need money to lead a fulfilling and satisfying life that can make a difference, ESPECIALLY if you have a "super power" like immortality and invulnerability.
Old 28-01-08, 12:02 AM   #27
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ImrtZRrS70w

Guess which lyric I'm thinking of...
Old 28-01-08, 12:23 AM   #28
phil24_7
Mega Poster

I'll take the money, I have no interest in living forever, would rather live my life hard and fast!!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-08, 01:22 AM   #29
$tevo

Jesus offers eternal life.

That's what I'm plumping for
Old 28-01-08, 01:44 AM   #30
plowsie

Voted for life then had a think. Money please!