SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-02-09, 01:26 PM   #21
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Default Re: losing a loved one.

My thoughts are with you Gid. I've watched two young female cousins of mine die at 14 and 16 and while I have been able to come to terms with the other deaths in the family, losing Ellie and Ellen still doesn't seem real even though Ellie would now be 30 like me. I still don't think I've really accepted either of them going and this thread has really brought it all back, but its a good thing.

We have to remember the ones that we love, whether they are with us or not and we always have to make sure we tell them what they mean to us and do our very best to be there for them always.

I cannot even begin to imagine the pain of losing a child, but have grown up having seen it happen to my best friend and cousin Elly and I still miss her. Her Parents and brother have coped incredibly well and theirs is a happy house, full of good memories. Unfortunately, my other aunt lost her husband first, then her daughter. Her son is doing great, in med school and coping brilliantly, but my aunt is just a broken woman now.

I applaud you Gid for the way you have obviously learned to cope with the loss of your son. When Stretchie and I visited, your house was a happy one and your children are just wonderful. You can't get better than that in a dad.

It's so cathartic to just share it all sometimes and for that reason, your post has made me sit here today and take time to go through the sad and painful, yet wonderful process of remembering those that are no longer with my family.

I thank you for that and my thoughts are with you and the family.

You might not be able to take your son for a pint or out for a ride, but he's obviously with you always.

Lots of love, Cheryl

Dan, I love you, love you, love you!
Old 27-02-09, 08:51 PM   #22
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Thoughts are with you Gid and I'll raise a glass in memory of your boy. X

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-09, 09:10 PM   #23
tanis34

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness View Post
Unfortunately a lot of us do. There are things that I wish I had told my dad and my sister and things that I would like to have asked them. But it's too late now and that is a regret that I will always have. So read those words above and act now.
+ 1 my father passed away recently before i could see him we wasn't a close family but i also wish i had at least seen him one last time
Old 27-02-09, 09:19 PM   #24
Frank

Thanks everyone.
Some of you I have met and some of you I havn't.
That doesnt realy matter though.
What matters though is that we do what is best for those close to us.
And say what we feel now.
Gav....XXXX