SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-07-08, 07:51 AM   #21
Dicky Ticker

Default Re: So I had an idea about energy...

What if all the people who made sexist, racist or discriminatory remarks had to wear red hats so we would know they are so ****ing perfect,them we could avoid the imbecilic hypocrisy and they can look down on the less fortunate with self righteousness
Perhaps when they have lived a faultless life and been part of and raised a perfect family,never been sick or unemployed I will take notice of their ramblings,but till then I will treat them as ****holes who think that all cases are scroungers

YES I AM ANGRY
Old 13-07-08, 08:23 AM   #22
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetHawk View Post
I think there should be some kind of licence required to have children, you have to be checked out if you get a dog from a rescue centre but no checks to have children. Very hard to enforce though..
The Chinese manage it quite well.
Old 13-07-08, 08:33 AM   #23
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
what does everyone think about making disabled people wear a red hat so that we don't accidentally make any jokes about them only to realise they do in fact have some kind of physical impairment? My mate made a joke about a guy being drunk, but it turned out he was a stroke patient. I can honestly say a red hat would have helped to avoid this situation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker View Post
What if all the people who made sexist, racist or discriminatory remarks had to wear red hats so we would know they are so ****ing perfect,them we could avoid the imbecilic hypocrisy and they can look down on the less fortunate with self righteousness
Perhaps when they have lived a faultless life and been part of and raised a perfect family,never been sick or unemployed I will take notice of their ramblings,but till then I will treat them as ****holes who think that all cases are scroungers

YES I AM ANGRY
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-08, 11:32 AM   #24
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

i was being ironic/sarcastic... bit like on peepshow when mark shouts at the guy for riding in the lift to the first floor, then the guy limps out. Mark does the monologue "Sh!t, didn't realise he had a limp... they should make people like that wear an armband or something... oh. yeah. good idea adolf"

I haven't said anything about unemployment because I know it's not an easy life, for most people it's the sh!tty end of the stick (like my missus who worked for the nhs for 3 years, then when she changed job and it went wrong, she was entitled to nothing during in her unemployment.

Dicky ticker, do you have any computer design skills like corel draw or illustrator and/or photoshop?
Just wondering

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..

Last edited by Paul the 6th; 13-07-08 at 11:39 PM.
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-08, 12:24 AM   #25
chakraist

Quote:

YES I AM ANGRY
If you can't take a joke, don't read the thread!
Old 14-07-08, 10:08 AM   #26
Dicky Ticker

So this is supposed to be funny---mocking or suggesting that certain people who genuinely through no fault of their own are scroungers,I'm sorry but I am one of these people and I take offence at the innuendos
I worked for 40+years paid into the system,employed up to ten people and paid their employers contributions plus company and personal tax to benefit students with grants
etc. and now due to sickness I am claiming back from the system
Through misplaced conceptions I saved for my later years and the benefits I receive plus personal pension mean I am still paying taxes
Look at it another way,you pay insurance but when you have an accident you expect to be able to claim but don't expect to be mocked or branded a good for nothing lazy scrounger,you will fight for every penny due to you from the system
Perhaps the avtar will give you a clue

Last edited by Dicky Ticker; 14-07-08 at 10:11 AM.
Old 14-07-08, 10:27 AM   #27
Ceri JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davido View Post
WARNING: The above post may contain traces of humour. if you are allergic to humour, please quote this message, followed by a never-ending essay about how wrong I am.
PMSL!
Old 14-07-08, 10:37 AM   #28
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Seems a lot like the chat about various mental problems we had a while ago ADHD and all that lot.... For every genuine case there's 10 other c##ts cashing in.
Old 14-07-08, 10:42 AM   #29
chakraist

Quote:
...mocked or branded a good for nothing lazy scrounger,you will fight for every penny due to you from the system
Perhaps the avtar will give you a clue

I'm guessing by the username dicky ticker means that you have a bad heart. And that really sucks, because paying taxes all your life is something that you should be rewarded for. Your NI contributions and taxes when you were working and an employer yourself help pay for my maintenance grant to fund me through university as I am from a low income family (my mum works as a learning mentor, basically sorting out the exact same people i'm targeting with this idea- she gets about 11K a year for what equates to saving lives and giving people a chance).

I am grateful for this, and I'm sure you probably won't be pleased with that fact. However, the wrong people are undervalued in this country, and I would include people like you and MiniMatt in this; having worked and provided for other people (like you said, you were an employer, creating jobs), you deserve to live more that comfortably now that your circumstances have changed.

As it stands, my university charges £3175 a year for tuition, which equates to approximately £50+ an hour for tuition. The university doesn't need this ridiculous amount, I don't get subsidised prices from them or masses of source materials- our library charges 50p an hour for late books FFS! This is an example of priorities being wrong. My uni is top ten in the country for my subject (Kent) but I don't feel that I get what should be stellar education from them. I'm writing this as an example of wasting money that could be spent keeping you in better health and living more comfortably.

I currently work my way through uni and do end up paying taxes, despite being a full time student. I find this unfair; why charge me taxes then give it straight back to me in the form of student loan? Seems like a bureaucratic waste of time, money and resources.

Moving back to the scheme that I proposed, it was in no way to poke fun at those who have a genuine reason to be unemployed- it's for people on jobseekers allowance. From what you've said, you don't appear to fit into this category, therefore, were you to do hours on the bike (and you wouldn't be expected to due to your medical condition), you would receive tax/fuel cuts.

Hope this clears things up a little.
Conrad
Old 14-07-08, 10:44 AM   #30
chakraist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
The Chinese manage it quite well.
Exactly mate, the Chinese methods whilst quite brutal and sexist seem to be focussing their nation rather well.

And I'm aware you're being sarcastic, but I think there's a point to be made deeeep deeep down somewhere *echoes*

Last edited by chakraist; 14-07-08 at 10:47 AM.