SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-05-08, 09:23 PM   #21
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Default Re: outraged! *rant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzsv650 View Post
Retail terrorist ahahahahahaha
funnily enough I did become a retail terrorist before I left jjb - putting sale tickets on non sale items, pricing garments cheaper than they should be and generally hiding all the new stock behind end of line items

Long story short, a month before xmas I booked set days off work only to find that I'd been rota'd to work on xmas eve, boxing day, new years eve and new years day (which none of the other staff had to work in total, they all atleast got one major day off) so I addressed it with the management and said I wouldn't be working on the days I had booked off. They told me I'd have to come in or I'd be sacked.... I asked for a bit of blank receipt paper and scribled my notice on the back of it before becoming - the retail terrorist.

Needless to say I had plenty of fun.

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-08, 09:23 PM   #22
Woz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
"What's your name? What's your department? Who's your supervisor?"

I find "What exactly is your job title? Oh, Sales Assistant? Then F**KING ASSIST!" works a treat. Although to be honest, that usually gets reserved for young girls in clothing shops who act like anyone over the age of 19 has no right to be in there (when I'm being used as a bag carrier by the current Mrs Woz before the remarks start )
Old 20-05-08, 09:36 PM   #23
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woz View Post
I find "What exactly is your job title? Oh, Sales Assistant? Then F**KING ASSIST!" works a treat. Although to be honest, that usually gets reserved for young girls in clothing shops who act like anyone over the age of 19 has no right to be in there (when I'm being used as a bag carrier by the current Mrs Woz before the remarks start )
I work in a clothes shop

I knows the type you on about though lol. I must admit from the a sales assistant's perspective however, there are some f##kin rude customers out there too who assume sales assistants are robots and therefore can be spoken to like sh!t. I have had many an experience with such people, and would gladly have slapped them then and there if it wasn't for that niggling "the customer always comes first" rule Doesn't matter how polite you are either .

The vast majority are nice though and thankfully override the not so nice

Last edited by missyburd; 20-05-08 at 09:38 PM.
Old 20-05-08, 09:39 PM   #24
Rhiwbina_Squirrel

Nothing I can't stand more than rude customers. They drive me up the wall. I shouted at one before and called him something I shouldn't have, but really he was asking for it Another thing I'm not a fan of is people who complain about things you, as an employee, have no control over and expect you to change what they're complaining about!!

Alex
Old 20-05-08, 09:39 PM   #25
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
This was a pain in my old pub, after 7 we were only licensed for over 18's so if ya looked under 21, ya got ID'd, no matter what you were trying to purchase. Also had a policy of under 18's needing to be with an adult, and that if any of the group were under 18 then the group had to be ordering meals, if one of the younger looking one's came to the bar, we'd ID just to find out if the group needed to be ordering food. You probably fell into one of these categories!
In those cases I expect you explained the situation to the customer, rather than simply demanding their ID while being rude about it though.
Old 20-05-08, 09:40 PM   #26
Woz

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris View Post
I work in a clothes shop

I knows the type you on about though lol.

Whew So glad you realise the kind I'm on about though.
Old 20-05-08, 09:46 PM   #27
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiwbina_Squirrel View Post
Nothing I can't stand more than rude customers. They drive me up the wall. I shouted at one before and called him something I shouldn't have, but really he was asking for it
You see if I did that, I'd probably end up popping, not good lol. So instead I'll just look at them blankly - usually in disgust - and walk off in the other direction.

I once had an old grandma try to intimidate me for telling her her 9 year old son couldn't go in the ladies fitting rooms. She started barking on at me about the riffraff of today and how I should be ashamed letting a young lad in a men's changing rooms on his own. Despite the fact I knew there was noone else in any of the three cubicles in there and she could see his feet from the outside After she'd finished ranting and giving me evils I explained it was company policy, not a lot I can do about it then turned my back on her and went to do something else. I was fuming. The little boy was ever so chuffed he was allowed to go in on his own though, probably cos he didn't fancy having the old bat scrutinising his every move haha. She told him off when he came out too, nasty piece of work she was
Old 20-05-08, 09:50 PM   #28
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
In all seriousness, it bugs the **** out of me if I see a bike in a car space!! ... you can park it anywhere, so why take up valuable car spaces?!?!?

There are bound to be examples where it is impractical to park a bike 'out of the way' ... but its gotta be possible in the majority of cases
Ok...deep breath...there's stacks of "non car parking" space at our local Morrisons so there I would't use a car parking space but find a slot somewhere on the vast paved entrance/trolley area.

Our local Tesco is situated on the end of a town precinct, there is one tiny patch of bicycle parking which is usually full - of motorcycles, scooters and pushbikes - there is a tiny pavement area which is not big enough to park motorcyle on - you would be obstructing the pedestrians - you cannot do it.

Our high street has many car parking spaces but only ordinary narrow pavements which you wouldn't dream of parking on.

One of the nearest retail park has narrow pavements again you would dream of parking on, so you have to park in a car parking space - there really is nowhere else to park! happy now?

having said all that I dont go supermarkets these days if I can avoid it as I have bad supermarket phobia and tend to shop online that way I dont have to worry about parking the bike (or the car for that matter!) at all!
Old 20-05-08, 09:53 PM   #29
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

life's simple:

Manor's cost nothing.

It's nice to be important but important to be nice.

If it moves and it shouldn't, gaffa tape. If it doesn't move and it should, WD40.

that's how I live my life

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-08, 09:54 PM   #30
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiwbina_Squirrel View Post
Nothing I can't stand more than rude customers. They drive me up the wall. I shouted at one before and called him something I shouldn't have, but really he was asking for it Another thing I'm not a fan of is people who complain about things you, as an employee, have no control over and expect you to change what they're complaining about!!

Alex
In my day (yes 100 years ago!) the customer was always right and you had to be curteous no matter what otherwise you got the sack!