SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Moto GP Goto Moto GP Official Site

Old 11-06-10, 10:02 PM   #21
MR UKI (1)

Default Re: Silverstone MotoGP Attendance Thread

That's one of the reasons (other than cost ) that I mainly go to practice or qualifying for BSB rounds. Plenty of space at the good spots to watch etc. TBH, the Moto GP race isn't normally the best anyway and hasn't been for a few years, its the 125s, 250s and Moto 2 this year that i'm most looking forward to.
Old 16-06-10, 08:17 PM   #22
mattSV
Mega Poster

This time tomorrow night - I will be there, supping a nice glass or two of red with a tasty steak cooked on a camping stove.

Look out for me on Sunday and say hello - I'll be the one in the Rossi t-shirt
2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S
mattSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-10, 09:31 AM   #23
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

In case you didn't see this in Idle Banter - yesterday was great fun at work.

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...24#post2297724
Old 17-06-10, 10:24 AM   #24
Gnome

Got a weekend ticket, so I'll be up and down all weekend.
Not camping as I'm only a short distance away from Silverstone.
Old 19-06-10, 12:22 AM   #25
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

My tickets arrived today but will only manage to make race day due to work, dunno where we will be stood but probably just wandering, would be happy to meet up with anyone going. Apparently I am being supplied a camping pass too so I can park my bike closer to the track, not sure about it but will see.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-10, 05:23 AM   #26
Fizzy Fish

Nice one LPH!

I'll be there on the Sunday. It would have been nice if Rossi were riding, but managed to see him at Le Mans a few weeks ago, and anyhoo the other classes this year have been on fire, so can't wait to watch them!

Can't believe some people are dropping out as Rossi's injured, but hey I guess it shows what he's done for making the sport popular...
Old 20-06-10, 08:20 PM   #27
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Righto those of you that went and have experience of Donnington. Any feedback on how they compare. Whats the viewing like ? What was it like getting out the carpark tonight, what are the facilities like etc etc.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-10, 08:29 PM   #28
mattSV
Mega Poster

My dad went just for today, so had to park in one of the main car parks - took him about an hour to get out in his cage - would have been longer but someone lifted a gate of its hinges which meant he could drive up a bank and straight on to the road, rather than trying to get out of the only other gate that was open

We wandered back to the campsite, packed the tent, and drove out of the campsite exit on to the back road out of Silverstone - no queues at all

Arena B was an excellent place to watch from - a photo thread will be along at some stage, just need to sift through the 751 pictures I took
2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S
mattSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-10, 08:32 PM   #29
MR UKI (1)

Traffic - Nightmare. Took 45 mins to get from car park to A43 (on bike!). Left at the very end after the last support race at about 4.30pm. Viewing, some good spots, but nothing as nice and grassy as most of Donington is. Mainly gravel spots on the edge of the pathways. Photography, can't comment from a grandstand perspective as I was a cheap skate and had general admin ticket, but very limited from that perspective, you're either miles away or huuuuge fencing Entertainment other than racing - excellent. Loads to do and watch. There were countless supermoto races on the Stowe circuit, red bull x fighter bods doing flips etc, Eurofighter display, Craig Jones and Dougie Lampkin stunt shows, Porches blatting round there test track near on the site dealership. Numerous large screens dotted around the site and had a walk through the Heliport and onto the support paddock which was buzzing. Got to the Moto GP paddock entrance but obviously can't get in without a pass. Saw John McGuinness on his scoot and James Ellison randomly limping about on the infield, looked like he was just having a great day . I would say it's good at Silverstone, however I think I prefer Donington from the viewing aspect.

Last edited by MR UKI (1); 20-06-10 at 08:33 PM.
Old 20-06-10, 09:56 PM   #30
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Drove up Saturday morning in the camper and straight into one of the car parks in time to watch the Moto2 practice. Spent the day walking round checking out the various viewing points (General admission so no stands). Moto GP bikes were awesome out of Chapel and down the hanger straight plus they did their practice starts right in front of us there. The viewing from the bank by Maggots/Becketts was excellent as well with a giant screen opposite, but you were a bit exposed to the wind there (freezing on Saturday).

Drove into nearby town saturday night, top nosh in local restaurant then back to circuit and camped for free in the car park.

Decided to spend today watching from the terrace directly in front of the Luffield stand (directly opposite the pit entrance). Moto and Moto2 bikes were coming out of Luffield drifting the back and then short shifting up the box and disappearing round Woodcote in one long drift, plus you had a great view across to where they were braking into Brookland. You could also see the giant screen opposite and we even had the commentary on a speaker, although hearing anything over the bikes was pretty random chance.... Now if we had been able to do a trackday on the monday like we could at Donnington last year it would have been perfect!
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote