SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2006 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2006 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 29-01-06, 05:02 AM   #21
darylB

yes it is a circular route with two stops on the way round, as to the campsites which are very close together and have the usual facilities, the swan pub site is right by the pub which is fairly large and has a hard standing car park. if you google camping sites in shrewsbury both sites have websites to look at with all the information. the start point is a much more accessible place for peeps to meet to start the ride from than much wenlock and is handier for the planned route.
Old 29-01-06, 06:53 AM   #22
Stig

Looks as though you have it covered then

Old 29-01-06, 03:59 PM   #23
darylB

If , having looked at the two sites and not found them suitable you still wanted to camp at much wenlock it is only 30 mins or so from the start point
so it would be poss for u all to use the much wenlock site. nothing is set in stone yet and it all needs looking at now we know the date and proposed route. it may be that m.b isn't poss so we'll keep the options open at this stage, do you know how soon you'll have to book much wenlock ?. i'll talk to john and ed and see what they think.

Daryl
Old 29-01-06, 05:21 PM   #24
Stig

The guy that I contacted didn't say, but he did say "at the moment" he has a whole field that we could use. One of the reasons that I wanted to sort out the accommodation quickly is to make sure that we could book in advance to ensure that we have the space allocated early.

Obviously I have not actually seen the site, so it would be unwise to go ahead and book it without first someone checking it out.

Old 30-01-06, 07:32 PM   #25
admin
John T
Mega Poster

I guess we can check it out for you, hopefully this weekend. The link you inserted at the start of this post is going to a doman reg site. Got any other details?
John
Old 30-01-06, 09:05 PM   #26
Stig

Oh dear. Well I have the phone number of the place. Unfortunately I never spoke to him on the phone it was via email. I have the details at work. I shall email them to myself when I get it.

01952 728520

Old 02-02-06, 02:26 PM   #27
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Simon,
That numbers giving 'number not recognised'. I've sent an email meantime. not sure what's going on there

John
Old 02-02-06, 06:51 PM   #28
Stig

Maybe I scared him away

Old 04-02-06, 02:01 PM   #29
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Simon,
Nope don't think you did. I got a call later from a Derek Hill in response to my email. He sounded a nice chap, bit doddery though.

He explained where the camp site was, which appears to be on the telford road out of MW. He asked about the phone being NU and he gave he me this alternate number 01952 727274. He also said he'd send full detail by email, which I haven't seen yet.

Apparently there is a caretaker who looks after the site, but he's away until the end of Feb.

I'm getting the impression that this is a fairly laid back easy going sort of place. Probably a farm that's diversifying a bit.

I'll try and get over there this weekend for a look.

John
Old 05-02-06, 06:36 PM   #30
Ed

Haven't been to look at camp sites I'm afraid, but there's always my back garden!!