SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-04-08, 06:51 AM   #21
Davido

Default Re: Emergency Stop(ie)!

cyclists can basically do whatever they want as they have no licence to endorse or insurance to claim from.
Old 30-04-08, 08:18 AM   #22
philbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davido View Post
cyclists can basically do whatever they want as they have no licence to endorse or insurance to claim from.
True, but they can get a fine and court appearence from old bill if they get caught (or so the grumpy copper who stopped me said - think he was having a slow day ). I meant they are correct to pass on that side where as a motorcycle shouldn't pass on the left really.
Old 30-04-08, 10:52 AM   #23
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRAMASHER View Post
If the car was so close to the kerb the fella would not have been filtering through?

As somebody has said, all the shiite () of the road hangs about there waiting to give your tyres a nailing. If i really need to go down that way its at walking pace having a paddle.

Still , they had our guy off and I would have been looking for witnesses and getting the old camera phone out. The driver would not be looking "bemused" either.

....he is still having to pay out for bits himself cos of some inconsiderate car driver. The driver even knew there was a "pesky" bike behind him as the biker had the good manners to let him in.
It is illegal to overtake (bicycles do not overtake) on the left of a vehicle, with the car actually being in the left lane, dispite the size of the gap between car and kerb, would have made the undertake dangerous driving! This is a serious criminal offence, and attempting to make an insurance claim by shifting blame onto the passenger will only bring to light the dangerous driving!
Old 30-04-08, 06:57 PM   #24
seedy100

Default Re: Emergency Stop(pie)!

PM sent
Old 30-04-08, 08:14 PM   #25
mitchbligh

Seedie100, you are a star!
Thanks for the offer, much appreciated!
Old 19-05-08, 01:17 PM   #26
mitchbligh

I'm still in need of that rear left hand side panel in red for a curvy if anyone has one? Sorry for the bump.
Old 20-05-08, 08:24 AM   #27
carty

Only just seen and read this thread - thought I'd add my opinion to the matter!

A couple of years ago I was in the cage with the wife, her driving - we were waiting to pull out of a car park on a business park type place and we were going to pull in to the car park 50 yards down the road, (ie, left, then left again not far down the road). A scooter waved us out and we started down the road, still indicating left and I told the Mrs to look out for him, sure enough as we were about to turn left in to the car park he comes shooting up the inside of us and she had to brake sharply to let him get past before making the turn. No harm done but I was of the opinion that had we knocked him off it would have been completely his fault. We were indicating left, presumably he thought we just hadn't cancelled it from when we pulled out before but if you make that assumption you're asking for it.

Different scenario from the one described in this thread but I'm making the point that it's not always the car drivers fault and we all need to take extreme care when filtering, particularly down the left hand side close to the kerb.

Glad you were ok though Mitchbligh,

Cheers,
Matt
Old 20-05-08, 12:51 PM   #28
Mogs

I thought this thread was about PIES - I like Pies.

Glad your OK.
Old 20-05-08, 12:54 PM   #29
mitchbligh

Stop Pies! No way! What would I eat then???
Old 20-05-08, 01:51 PM   #30
magicrat

No no, make an emergency stop for a pie. Now your'e talkin!