SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 28-07-06, 04:00 PM   #31
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimo
....Funny enough, not one cyclists has ever come back with some sarcastic remark "yet"....... Wonder why.....
Ive had one attempt to lecture me that his stopping 20ft over the line and DIRECTLY in front of me was fine and the fact that i clipped him cos of his wobble as i went past was my fault

The fact he was wearing his ipod in both ears and had no mirriors on his bike was clearly irrelevant as his attitude was "you saw me, make allowances for everything that i do, right or wrong, cos you can see me and i cant see you"
Well look over your shoulder or get some bloody mirriors then.

When i rode my bike all over london you couldnt get bar end mirriors unless you got then from america. And there was no internerd in those days either. I had to go get my money changed in dollars, send it recorded delivery and wait weeks before i got one. And why did i do it? Cos i wanted to see whats behind me as its the safe thing to do when on the road.

Sadly i think cyclists just show the petty mindedness of most of society today. I do what i do and you shouldnt judge me or criticise me for it, you should allow me and tollerate me, seems to be the mindset.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-06, 04:06 PM   #32
Kate

A lot of cyclists I've seen recently have mirrors attached to their handle bars. I've also noticed a few people in full face helmets?
Old 28-07-06, 04:11 PM   #33
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate
A lot of cyclists I've seen recently have mirrors attached to their handle bars. I've also noticed a few people in full face helmets?
Thats good to hear about the mirrors but what use is a full face helmet i wonder?
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-06, 04:11 PM   #34
northwind
Mega Poster

That's what I don;t understand... I used to cycle everywhere, but when I did, I was the most cautious, paranoid thing on the road. It's bad enough being that vulnerable when you're being careful, never mind being that vulnerable and riding like a k**b.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-06, 04:22 PM   #35
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate
Thats good to hear about the mirrors but what use is a full face helmet i wonder?
I don't know, they don't have visors either?
Old 28-07-06, 04:41 PM   #36
greeno76

I think it's the vunerability that causes many cyclists to act aggressively and it can come across very arrogant.
It's easy to be overly assertive when it's seems like everyone wants to cut in on you or t-bone you!

As for the red light thing, until jaywalking is outlawed then you can just hop off your bike, toddle along a couple of yards and hop back on again. Sorry if that raises temperatures!

I entirely agree that the people who just pile across zebras/pelicans with no regard for peds and traffic should be spokey-dokyed

I'm amazed at how much press this is getting generally. Compared with the real issues on the road in cities, it's pretty insignificant. I think it sounds like sour grapes!

I expect it'll all die down when the cold returns and the plebs go back down the Tube!

- A non-motorcylist-hating-cycle-commuter-motorcylist
Old 28-07-06, 05:06 PM   #37
Moo

Totally lost the plot on this one.

Tour de france starting in London village hows that work as well.
Old 28-07-06, 05:38 PM   #38
Sholay

Cyclists also do things like riding on the pavement which is a danger to everyone. I would have thought it was a help to be able to identify them.

But unless the police bother to enforce the law with cyclists then it is all a bit of a waste of time.
Old 28-07-06, 05:55 PM   #39
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeno76
I think it's the vunerability that causes many cyclists to act aggressively and it can come across very arrogant.
It's easy to be overly assertive when it's seems like everyone wants to cut in on you or t-bone you!
Seems? From how I see cyclists treated outside london, let alone in london, I'd say that everyone [i]is[/] trying to cut them up.

Quote:
As for the red light thing, until jaywalking is outlawed then you can just hop off your bike, toddle along a couple of yards and hop back on again. Sorry if that raises temperatures!
Seems fine to me.

Quote:
... it sounds like sour grapes!
Correct.

Quote:
- A non-motorcylist-hating-cycle-commuter-motorcylist
A what?
Old 28-07-06, 07:47 PM   #40
chazzyb

How much energy and oil does it take to make a roll of insulating tape or two? :P

Strictly a rhetorical question , y'unnerstand.