SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-02-07, 12:28 PM   #31
socommk23

Default Re: Me and the sv are gonna be on tv!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
So was that you with the chav-tastic curvy I saw on Men & Motors ages ago? :P

nope....lol

panorama!
Old 24-02-07, 01:40 PM   #32
Grinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by socommk23 View Post
nope....lol

panorama!
Yep it was...

pics and details on my blog....
Old 02-03-07, 03:07 PM   #33
Paws

UPDATE:

UPDATE:

"Where, when and how?
You need to be at Caernarfon Airfield for 9.30am on Saturday 10th March 2007

Ready for your close up?
Once you've registered it'll be time for your glamorous life as a TV star to begin - which basically means a lot of hanging round and occasionally being shouted at by a man in a woolly hat.
And remember, we do need you to be around for the whole day - so please bring appropriate clothing for a winter's day in North Wales.
Don't forget to bring:
• Copy of your current insurance certificate - sorry, but no certificate, no taking part
• Plenty of fuel - we won't have time for pit stops
• All weather clothing - safety permitting, we'll be filming whatever the weather. "

Hoi5 how far fronm Northampton/ where abouts in N wales is that??
Old 02-03-07, 03:12 PM   #34
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws View Post
UPDATE:

UPDATE:

"Where, when and how?
You need to be at Caernarfon Airfield for 9.30am on Saturday 10th March 2007

Ready for your close up?
Once you've registered it'll be time for your glamorous life as a TV star to begin - which basically means a lot of hanging round and occasionally being shouted at by a man in a woolly hat.
And remember, we do need you to be around for the whole day - so please bring appropriate clothing for a winter's day in North Wales.
Don't forget to bring:
• Copy of your current insurance certificate - sorry, but no certificate, no taking part
• Plenty of fuel - we won't have time for pit stops
• All weather clothing - safety permitting, we'll be filming whatever the weather. "

Hoi5 how far fronm Northampton/ where abouts in N wales is that??
Paws, it's pretty close to me North East corner of North Wales.

Your best bet will be up the M6, left onto the M56, continue on the A55 to Bangor, then down the A487 to Caernarfon . Taking it easy, it should take you around 4 hours. The only roadworks I'm aware of on the A55, last for a couple of hundred yards. Nothing else over this way to slow you down (watch out for police on bridges )

EDIT: Another option is the A5, but generally that's a little slower, and if you get stuck behind something whilst you're towing the bike, you're screwed. A better road for the bike though I'll check out the more northerly part of the A5 for you this weekend, see what it's like for roadworks & traffic etc.

I'm not sure if I'll have any free time that weekend (or if you will), but I can happily point out some good biking roads in the area

If you fancy a cuppa etc, the house is about 30-40mins from the airfield, and you're welcome to my number. Just that the house could be a little insane with the kids running around.

Last edited by Baph; 02-03-07 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-03-07, 03:20 PM   #35
hovis

200 miles

4 hours

who the hell is hoi5
Old 02-03-07, 03:21 PM   #36
Warthog

I'd say you should drop in on Baph for a warming cuppa. I would
Old 02-03-07, 03:26 PM   #37
Paws

Jeez its miles away lol, think we will be staying over sumwhere friday night!
Old 02-03-07, 03:27 PM   #38
Baph

Quote:
Jeez its miles away lol, think we will be staying over sumwhere friday night!
What kind of money you looking at spending? There's some NICE places to stay (with a pricetag to match), then anything down to YHA's.

I would offer you to crash at mine, but unfortunately not an option at the moment.
Old 02-03-07, 03:30 PM   #39
Paws

aww bless ya baph- we should be ok, have a mate who lives nr betws-y-coed and if i can egt hold of him we can stay there.
Old 02-03-07, 03:39 PM   #40
Baph

Quote:
aww bless ya baph- we should be ok, have a mate who lives nr betws-y-coed and if i can egt hold of him we can stay there.
Them be even better biking roads then.

If you can, leave the 4x4 in Betws-y-coed, and take the bike out early saturday. I would anyway.

From Betws-y-coed, head north on the A5 to Capel Curig, swing left onto the A4086. From there, you can either sit on that & hit Bangor, cutting off a big corner on a road that's not really known by tourists (except Llanbaris). Alternatively, left onto the A498, down past Llyn Dinas, to Beddgelert. From there, right onto the A4085 for a nice twisty section just after Llyn Cwellyn & that drops you straight into Caernarfon. Left onto the A487 & then pickup signs for the airfield.

The route via Beddgelert will take a fair bit longer, but if it's any use to you, that's my playground So I can do some timing runs happily (gives me an excuse to play )