SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Madlanders For those based in the East & West Midlands.

Old 12-05-07, 07:38 AM   #31
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Possible rideout?

Having had more time to think about dates, we've realised that this month is really not good for us. Pete is working tomorrow, next weekend is a bust for financial reasons, and the following weekend we're off in Wales. Bugger!

It's always the way though, whatever weekend you choose someone won't be able to make it. You'll just have to organise several.....that gives everyone a chance

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-07, 07:31 PM   #32
binky61

I'm free Bank holiday weekend and every other weekend after that.

Just got back from a 200 miler round Derbyshire - I'd forgotten just how good some of those roads are.
Old 18-05-07, 09:52 AM   #33
G
Mega Poster

This has gone abit slow.

I Think a ride out to the cat and fiddle would be a great idea or out to wetton mills derbyshire way and through castleton
Old 18-05-07, 01:25 PM   #34
John 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by graemepaterson View Post
This has gone abit slow.
what i need is numbers and arranging a date when we can go out that suits everyone,
Old 18-05-07, 02:24 PM   #35
petevtwin650

You have to bite the bullet and just choose a date and post it. Some people will make it and others won't be able too. Fact of life I'm afraid.
Old 18-05-07, 07:09 PM   #36
carlos

Like petevtwin650 said, and I'll confirm one way or another once we actually know a date.
Old 19-05-07, 09:17 AM   #37
Well Oiled

Aye you're right - just stick a route, date and time up. Them can make it will, them that can't won't.
Old 29-05-07, 01:06 PM   #38
John 675

Ok folks the date for this rideout will be the 16th of june, this is a saturday i put it a bit further ahead so if people are interested then there is plenty of time to plan,
Help with a route would be greatly appreciated as i havent ridden them roads in some time

hope this date is ok

Lylej
Old 29-05-07, 03:55 PM   #39
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylej View Post
Ok folks the date for this rideout will be the 16th of june, this is a saturday i put it a bit further ahead so if people are interested then there is plenty of time to plan,
Help with a route would be greatly appreciated as i havent ridden them roads in some time

hope this date is ok

Lylej
I've just stumbled across this thread. I have no plans for the 16th June, and could make Matlock in around 2hours 30. The most direct route would take me on the A623, lovely road that, and been meaning to do it the backwards way around.

It'd be a long day for me, but I'm game.

I'll need to know a meeting point and time before I know for definite though. A mere 114miles to get to Matlock. Easy.

Just make sure the route involves a full day's riding!! As things stand, put me down as meeting you wherever you decide. I'll post back later if I can't make it for any reason.

It'll give me a chance to compare the Welsh roads that everyone was saying were so good last weekend.
Old 29-05-07, 08:53 PM   #40
Well Oiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylej View Post

hope this date is ok

Lylej

Well done that man! 16th June works for me so far (but things can crop up). Maybe the MIGTS are alive and kicking after all.

As to the route - some from the West Mids expressed an interest so maybe a start in between? If you want a hand with arrangements let me know.

Cheers Keith