SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-05-07, 02:20 PM   #31
Warthog

Default Re: Medical research

I feel quite jittery now, like i have had too many cups of coffee. Then again, I have been sitting on my **** all day and I usually get jitterey if I haven't done any excercise. If you ask me, depressed people don't need drugs, they just need a bunch of mates to take them out and show them a good time.

I actually feel quite jittery, but I don;t want to say unless I have the placebo and I'll look like an **** hahaha. Who knows, your mind plays funny tricks on you.
Old 24-05-07, 02:21 PM   #32
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I feel quite jittery now, like i have had too many cups of coffee. Then again, I have been sitting on my **** all day and I usually get jitterey if I haven't done any excercise. If you ask me, depressed people don't need drugs, they just need a bunch of mates to take them out and put them out of their misery.
I jest folks.
Quote:
I actually feel quite jittery, but I don;t want to say unless I have the placebo and I'll look like an **** hahaha. Who knows, your mind plays funny tricks on you.
You need to tell them anything that you honestly feel, or it'll scew the results.
Old 24-05-07, 02:22 PM   #33
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
I jest folks.

You need to tell them anything that you honestly feel, or it'll screw the results.
Corrected the typo for you, Baph
Old 24-05-07, 02:39 PM   #34
Warthog

The questionnaire I have to fill in is so dumb!
True or False:

"People who shirk on the job must feel really guilty"

"People who continually pester you are asking for a punch in the nose"

"Once in a while I cannot control my urge to harm others"
Old 24-05-07, 02:41 PM   #35
Baph

Psychometric test, gotta love em.

It's basically asking, are you pre-disposed to being depressed/violent?
Old 24-05-07, 06:42 PM   #36
northwind
Mega Poster

Question 17) Are you now, or have you ever been (tick as appropriate)
A radge
A zoomer
A rocket
Totally ****in banjo, like

If the answer to any of the above is yes, please move to question 19.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-07, 06:52 PM   #37
MeridiaNx

Quote:
If you ask me, depressed people don't need drugs, they just need a bunch of mates to take them out and show them a good time.
For the clinically depressed, that won't do squat unfortunately.

As the others have said though, seeing as it's not a clinical trial you will most likely be absolutely fine; it is already an approved drug. One of the most noticeable side effects that can happen with many SSRIs though, including Citalopram/Cipralex, is that you won't be able to get it up quite as well as normal, if you're a bloke that is. If that happens, you know you probably didn't get the placebo
Old 24-05-07, 10:24 PM   #38
tinpants
Ubique

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeridiaNx View Post
For the clinically depressed, that won't do squat unfortunately.

As the others have said though, seeing as it's not a clinical trial you will most likely be absolutely fine; it is already an approved drug. One of the most noticeable side effects that can happen with many SSRIs though, including Citalopram/Cipralex, is that you won't be able to get it up quite as well as normal, if you're a bloke that is. If that happens, you know you probably didn't get the placebo
Er, if anything its done the opposite for me, and a friend of mine. We're both on the same dose of Citalopram (20mg daily).

Oh, and by the way, 20mg is not a mid high range dose as someone said earlier in the thread. The maximum daily dose is 60mg. Therefore 20mg is quite a low dose, albeit the most common.

I also take exception to the comments about people that are depressed needing a good night out, or words to that effect. Whoever it was that said that obviously has never been diagnosed with clinical depression. Get your head out of your **** you idiot. You know not of what you speak. I have been suffering for some time with PTSD bought on by my job as an EMT. Some of the symptoms of PTSD are depression and anxiety as well as suicidal thoughts and flashbacks. I have had all of these symptoms, and then some, and I can say that if the person that made such an inane remark earlier referred to in this post had said it to my face I would probably have ripped their face off. Comments such as those do nothing for a depressed person's state of mind and can, quite often, have a detrimental effect.

Be careful what you say about depression and the people that suffer from it. It is a very real illness that affects a lot of people.

Rant over.

Mods- sorry if I went too far. People like this mindless idiot just annoy me. and that just depresses me
Please edit or delete as you see fit.
Old 25-05-07, 07:46 AM   #39
Kinvig

Reminds me of Ghostbusters....after she's seen a ghost, Bill Murray's character asks an elderly (mid 60's) librarian:

"Alice, are you menstruating right now?"

Love that movie!
Old 25-05-07, 07:57 AM   #40
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellerophon View Post
Er, if anything its done the opposite for me, and a friend of mine. We're both on the same dose of Citalopram (20mg daily).

Oh, and by the way, 20mg is not a mid high range dose as someone said earlier in the thread. The maximum daily dose is 60mg. Therefore 20mg is quite a low dose, albeit the most common.

I also take exception to the comments about people that are depressed needing a good night out, or words to that effect. Whoever it was that said that obviously has never been diagnosed with clinical depression. Get your head out of your **** you idiot. You know not of what you speak. I have been suffering for some time with PTSD bought on by my job as an EMT. Some of the symptoms of PTSD are depression and anxiety as well as suicidal thoughts and flashbacks. I have had all of these symptoms, and then some, and I can say that if the person that made such an inane remark earlier referred to in this post had said it to my face I would probably have ripped their face off. Comments such as those do nothing for a depressed person's state of mind and can, quite often, have a detrimental effect.

Be careful what you say about depression and the people that suffer from it. It is a very real illness that affects a lot of people.

Rant over.

Mods- sorry if I went too far. People like this mindless idiot just annoy me. and that just depresses me
Please edit or delete as you see fit.
This is quite a valid point i think; a good night out is not enough. If that was the case, then the person wouldnt be depressed (there are criteria that define what a clinically depressed person is), they would just be feeling a bit down and unhappy. Depression requires a mix of treatments; drugs (although not always), psychologists to talk to, freinds and family for support.

Yea, the drugs arn't always needed, but I'm pretty certain had my cousin been given antidepressants he wouldnt have taken his life, a night out here and there didnt help him at all.

Matt