SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-10-04, 07:30 PM   #31
Ibanez7779

Hmm, I have been riding a Ducati in my dreams... I'd love one but I could only afford it in about 10 years time i suspect

On the other hand, if I were to go back to a straight four, I would probably choose a Z1000. It looks goood out the box and only needs a pair of cans to finish it off properly. I haven't met anyone who owns one though, so I don't know too much about them.
Old 21-10-04, 02:59 AM   #32
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfBoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggsy
Quote:
buy a Ducati 748.
Nice I'd love a 749 dark

As I believe I've said once or twice before
Although the professional press says over and over again that the 749 is a better bike then the 748, I preferred the 748 over the 749. Nothing beats the Tambourini design !!! I just LOVE that single side swinger, and that piece of art at the back (i think they call it an exhaust on most other bikes)

I think the press is payed for by Ducati to help the public forget the Tambourini design and excuse Ducati for the hidious Terblanche design. Shame on Ducati ! Shame
Despite how much I would want the 999R, I am inclined to agree with Cloggsy. The 998 Final Edition is, by far, the most beautiful motorcycle I have ever seen.
Old 21-10-04, 06:52 AM   #33
MavUK

Ducati 998 Hmm Nice
Old 21-10-04, 10:26 AM   #34
Jelster

Quote:
Despite how much I would want the 999R, I am inclined to agree with Cloggsy. The 998 Final Edition is, by far, the most beautiful motorcycle I have ever seen.
You obviously haven't seen an MV Augusta F4 then....
Not only is it a work of art, it also has a an IL4 engine

The 749 Dark is the "cheap" one, no expensive suspension and no steering damper. The standrd is about £8.5k, and then a "Terg" exhaust is another £1500, that's £10k for a supersport machine that you'd be afraid of taking to work every day.

For the same money you could get a Gixer 750 K4 and loads of extras plus have money for a couple of track days... Personally I know which one I'd take, but then I could be biased....

Old 21-10-04, 02:30 PM   #35
Stef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster

it also has a an IL4 engine

In case you haven't noticed, we kinda like V-twins on this forum.

But to a degree, i must admit you have a point on the 749 dark.

A 748 looks 10 times better and has more tits and bits to it
Old 21-10-04, 02:36 PM   #36
mysteryjimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster
Quote:
You obviously haven't seen an MV Augusta F4 then....
Not only is it a work of art, it also has a an IL4 engine

The 749 Dark is the "cheap" one, no expensive suspension and no steering damper. The standrd is about £8.5k, and then a "Terg" exhaust is another £1500, that's £10k for a supersport machine that you'd be afraid of taking to work every day.

For the same money you could get a Gixer 750 K4 and loads of extras plus have money for a couple of track days... Personally I know which one I'd take, but then I could be biased....

My preffered choice. The 1000 got superbike of the year for this year!!! Thats what i want, yeah baby, yeah!!
Old 21-10-04, 06:06 PM   #37
Jelster

Quote:
In case you haven't noticed, we kinda like V-twins on this forum.
Oh really, I must of missed that......

(somebody had to bite.....)

Old 23-10-04, 01:59 PM   #38
Peter Henry

I agree with jelster... there is no comparison the MV Agusta's are just trouser creamingly beautful works of art.
A French pal of mine called round earlier on his 12 month old SP2 Honda with Arrows cans on it! With the red,white and black livery looks stunning. The sound is effing amazing.The whole bike literally shakes on the stand when you rev it. Great piece of kit!