SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-04-08, 01:34 PM   #31
sv_rider1990

Default Re: Just Bought An Sv

In one pic i saw of this bike the front didnt look in line with the forks looked like the front was at angle. Look oat that when you to see it.
Old 23-04-08, 03:31 PM   #32
carsounds_dan

K, will make sure the frames strait anyway, the motorcycle shop I know have all sorts of laser jiggery pokery that can tell you if you've bent your frame so I'll see what they say.
Either way there will be no parting of cash until it gets a clean bill of health.
Old 23-04-08, 05:16 PM   #33
Benji

Dude.....seriously....... step away.

There are *plenty* of other SV's that are miles better than that for the money and plenty of 'tatty' SV's that will probably fetch a price that he wouldn't be prepaired to lower it *well* below for a bike as fubar as that.

Plus, a two second look at his posts suggests that I should be worried about whether or not the things he has put up on the forum are the only things wrong/he has done to that bike.

Seriously, this is going to end in tears.
Old 03-05-08, 09:26 AM   #34
Lozzo

Default Re: Just Brought An Sv

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsounds_dan View Post
hmmm.. only put a deposit down, do you recon I should still go for it? or take it VERY easy?
Personally, I wouldn't touch Half-Lyfe's SV with a disinfected bargepole, and I'll usually buy any old piece of **** if the price is right.
Old 03-05-08, 09:28 AM   #35
Lozzo

Quote:
K, will make sure the frames strait anyway, the motorcycle shop I know have all sorts of laser jiggery pokery that can tell you if you've bent your frame so I'll see what they say.
Either way there will be no parting of cash until it gets a clean bill of health.
I'd look for a different bike, seriously, don't be blinded by the fact it looks nice with the twin pipes and all that crap. That is one of the most abused bikes (not just SVs) that I have ever heard of. Find something else, there's plenty of cared for SVs out there for the same money or maybe a touch more.
Old 03-05-08, 03:38 PM   #36
Dangerous Dave

Think he bought it Lozzo.....
Old 03-05-08, 04:28 PM   #37
carsounds_dan

yeh I brought it, simple because I liked it and two independant garages checked it over and both said it was fine other than the small plate and no baffles. If it doesnt work out i'll sell it from outside the shop and buy another sv but to be honest I'm loving this one. I'm happy with it for the price I payed so please be happy for me... if not, try to be nice at liest
Old 04-05-08, 09:50 AM   #38
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
two independant garages checked it over and both said it was fine
Did they strip it down??? Thats the only true way to check!!!

I hope it works out for you, it was a gamble and the previous owner wasn't honest with you, the bike has been down the road but its whole life seems to have been abused too!

Good luck...
Old 05-05-08, 03:23 PM   #39
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Default Re: Just Brought An Sv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
Personally, I wouldn't touch Half-Lyfe's SV with a disinfected bargepole, and I'll usually buy any old piece of **** if the price is right.
+1
Old 05-05-08, 04:20 PM   #40
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Can't we just let it go ....... ?

Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote