SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 22-10-09, 08:43 AM   #31
Holdup

Default Re: Your First Time.

First person i met was Treacle and that was sometime in July, i turned up at the SELKENT meet asked if there was a bike meet there (because i couldnt see any bikes) and as i asked Treacle walked in behind me
Old 22-10-09, 08:44 AM   #32
Alpinestarhero

Kinvig, at the ace cafe. It was overcast, a bit cold, he had his ill-yellow SV back then
Old 22-10-09, 08:56 AM   #33
timwilky
Mega Poster

Wigan650S, he helped me out with a confidence issue as the SV was the first bike I had ridden since I was offed by an old duffer who didn't see me stopped at a red traffic light 6 months earlier, then I think possibly Elmurfud

Last edited by timwilky; 22-10-09 at 08:57 AM.
timwilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-09, 09:03 AM   #34
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
My first ever orger to pop my cherry was Stretchie, he was also the first to talk to me. But, in attendance at the same petrol station were El Saxo, Viper, Luckypants, Baph, Ross_C, Stewie and mister Quiff Wichard (ahwighhhht). First conversation with Quiff was an Ice Breaker..."We're you on the M6 a couple of weeks ago?"

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-09, 09:06 AM   #35
Quedos

Nutty Tart - at Kinross service station along with blueflame and a host of others that hurts my head to remember. I was just glad to see another female!
Old 22-10-09, 09:07 AM   #36
Captain Nemo

Courdelion or Rich as hes more normally know, met up at squires in 2005, hes moved to Dublin now, but still see him regular, we go to the TT and i went to his wedding in Sardinia, great mate, if somewhat of a girl when he has a drink and prone to attempting reasoning with doorstaff..........................
Old 22-10-09, 09:07 AM   #37
xXBADGERXx

Mine was Baph , he showed me where the Brewery Tap was in Eastham Rake ? , there I met Luckypants , Witchery ? and Flymo . There may have been a couple of others but I cannot remember the names or the faces . I just remember Witchery saying "Bloody Hell Luckypants , your Viffer sounds like it`s raising hell , spot on"
Old 22-10-09, 09:41 AM   #38
MiniMatt

I'm pretty sure it was Pete & Lissa too 2mths, Soulkiss and others were there too so they may have popped my cherry first but your throbbing purple curvy monster was the weapon that made me think "yep, thems the folks".

(ok, so it was blue with purple bits, but the fnar fnar value of "throbbing purple curvy monster" was too much to resist)

I remember Soulkiss had wired up a bunch of extra LEDs onto his (red) pointy in some kind of Close Encounters lighting pattern, 2mths had multiple different shades of red on his red pointy, and my (red) pointy was still clean...

Edit: oooh - found the linky - http://forums.sv650.org/showpost.php...2&postcount=33

Last edited by MiniMatt; 22-10-09 at 09:52 AM.
Old 22-10-09, 09:55 AM   #39
xXBADGERXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
I cant remember - I turned up at Soho on a hired GN125...
Old 22-10-09, 10:01 AM   #40
xXBADGERXx

Before I actually bought or even considered an SV , I was coming home one day on my Honda VaraDildo (I hated that bike so much) , and as I got to the roundabout near my house , a rather swish SV1000 pulled up opposite me , it had a Barry Sheene paintjob and looked the mutts nuts . I bought an SV a week later and little did I know , that very same SV appeared on my first Rideout (NW 3.5) and it belonged to Girth .