SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-01-09, 09:10 PM   #31
Tim in Belgium

Default Re: gladius mcn review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsv650 View Post
has he bought one
No, he drive's an MX-5
Old 30-01-09, 09:11 PM   #32
Tim in Belgium

Even though the MX5 is the RWD car of choice for cheap track days...
Old 30-01-09, 09:12 PM   #33
zsv650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
No, he drive's an MX-5
oh dear
Old 30-01-09, 09:20 PM   #34
punyXpress
Mega Poster

What did the Bandit guys say when the SV first appeared?
punyXpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-09, 09:24 PM   #35
Tim in Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by punyXpress View Post
What did the Bandit guys say when the SV first appeared?
-Oh no, another bike that's going to outcorner my outdated oil cooled pig, I'll just have to pull another wheelie to prove I don't have oil starvation issues before going home to clean my Craft helmet and re-adjust my urban cammo clothing for that true street fighter look......
Old 30-01-09, 09:32 PM   #36
zsv650

i still think the bandit look's cool though shame you have to spend the bikes worth again to make them proper mind.
Old 30-01-09, 10:51 PM   #37
MR UKI (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunkus View Post
Is that the same bloke they used to call "Wild Child" who worked for BIKE magazine?
No the BIKE magazine guy was Martin Child.
Old 30-01-09, 10:59 PM   #38
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
No, he drive's an MX-5
And a lurid green Kawasaki Versys
Old 30-01-09, 11:28 PM   #39
rob13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
And a lurid green Kawasaki Versys
Right, Im not having this kind of sideswipe thrown at me without reply......

The Mx5, for starters is NOT a Hairdressers car. Known by all petrolheads, it recaptures the true sportscar ethos in its design, a rear wheel driven front engined sports car. It is modelled on a classic, and is the worlds most popular convertible sports car. Mine puts out 150bhp which isnt a great deal by modern standards, but incorporated in a car which weighs around a ton, and has superb handling. I would challenge anyone to drive one and think it was boring. If you want outright power, buy a twin turbo Subaru. If you want a car to handle like a true sportscar and not just a shopping trolley on steroids, try an MX5. If the power isnt enough for you, stick a turbo on it. The engine is totally unstressed and can handle much more power than it is given as standard. I have thought about selling mine, but purely for practicality reasons. Put the top down in the summer and it changes personality. Drive it in the winter with the roof down, heaters and seat heaters on and you dont notice the cold. Track day it and im sure itll be more than enough fun. Dont expect it to smoke other cars, but I bet the grin factor outweighs the thrill of speed. After all, those of us on an SV forum where outright speed is not its speciality should know, the details are all in the handling......

The Versys, well its a bit of an unknown quantity for me, so I cant comment on it at present but rest assured, ill be waxing like Nick (the Greek) if its any good. Prepare for the onslaught of the Cyclops.

Oh and Lozzo, before you talk about it, Green is a far better "colour" than black.

Last edited by rob13; 30-01-09 at 11:31 PM.
Old 30-01-09, 11:33 PM   #40
zsv650

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchester View Post
Right, Im not having this kind of sideswipe thrown at me without reply......

The Mx5, for starters is NOT a Hairdressers car. Known by all petrolheads, it recaptures the true sportscar ethos in its design, a rear wheel driven front engined sports car. It is modelled on a classic, and is the worlds most popular convertible sports car. Mine puts out 150bhp which isnt a great deal by modern standards, but incorporated in a car which weighs around a ton, and has superb handling. I would challenge anyone to drive one and think it was boring. If you want outright power, buy a twin turbo Subaru. If you want a car to handle like a true sportscar and not just a shopping trolley on steroids, try an MX5. If the power isnt enough for you, stick a turbo on it. The engine is totally unstressed and can handle much more power than it is given as standard. I have thought about selling mine, but purely for practicality reasons. Put the top down in the summer and it changes personality. Drive it in the winter with the roof down, heaters and seat heaters on and you dont notice the cold. Track day it and im sure itll be more than enough fun. Dont expect it to smoke other cars, but I bet the grin factor outweighs the thrill of speed. After all, those of us on an SV forum where outright speed is not its speciality should know, the details are all in the handling......

The Versys, well its a bit of an unknown quantity for me, so I cant comment on it at present but rest assured, ill be waxing like Nick (the Greek) if its any good. Prepare for the onslaught of the Cyclops.

Oh and Lozzo, before you talk about it, Green is a far better "colour" than black.
you obviously like it then