SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-03-07, 02:37 PM   #31
pete m

Default Re: Cheeky ticket(parking ticket issue)

balls
Old 01-03-07, 02:51 PM   #32
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel View Post
******** to that. Parking wardens a government appointed thieves and deserve a savage beating if they touch anyones private properly. They are a bunch of criminals and anything that can be done to ensure they don't earn a penny should be encoraged.
Don't get me wrong, I hate them with a passion. But when people complain after parking where they should not park it's just daft. But yes, wardens can be underhand swines, worthy of the end of your shoe.
Old 01-03-07, 02:58 PM   #33
Warthog

I just got a parking ticket too!! I had my bike parked legally in a bay outside my house, when I saw an old couple trying to paralell park next to it. There was NO room at all, and I thought they were going to knock my bike over. I went outside and offered to stick my bike somewhere else as they were visiting our neighbous for a day. I pushed my bike onto the pavement next to an old factory in my dead-end street off another dead-end directly outside my house. I bloody got a ticket the very next day, just for being kind to these other people. I tried to contest it but they said it was still on the pavement and so illegal. I just sent the cheque off today. As far as I can tell they are correct legally, but it's all mightily unfair in temrs of wider justice.
Old 01-03-07, 03:10 PM   #34
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I just got a parking ticket too!! I had my bike parked legally in a bay outside my house, when I saw an old couple trying to paralell park next to it. There was NO room at all, and I thought they were going to knock my bike over. I went outside and offered to stick my bike somewhere else as they were visiting our neighbous for a day. I pushed my bike onto the pavement next to an old factory in my dead-end street off another dead-end directly outside my house. I bloody got a ticket the very next day, just for being kind to these other people. I tried to contest it but they said it was still on the pavement and so illegal. I just sent the cheque off today. As far as I can tell they are correct legally, but it's all mightily unfair in temrs of wider justice.
In this situation I would suggest covering your bike up (unless you are parking in Westminster).

Just to clarify, parking wardens can NOT tamper with your vehicle to get your details unless the local council (such as Westminster) has specifically given this power to the parking wardens. In fact, I got the tip of parking on the pavement and covering up the number plate from a copper! I don't keep the tax disc on the bike anyway, its too easy for it to be nicked.

As for the holier-than-thoughs saying that tickets should be expected, I can only assume you are annoyed that you didn't know about this little loop hole.
Old 01-03-07, 03:12 PM   #35
Warthog

Cheers Kate, I will bear that in mind for the few occasions where I park slightly less legally (haha). I am also refusing to ever help anyone else out again ever! :P
Old 01-03-07, 03:33 PM   #36
Mogs

It's a legal loophole, same as all the tax dodge loopholes the filthy rich exploit, as long as it remains open use it. There's the law and there's justice, they are not the same.
Old 01-03-07, 03:34 PM   #37
pete m

i think our friends from Wales have a different view on things, cos they dont have the same things to deal with - ie thieving scum everywhere, red routes/ double yellows, bus lanes, bus stops , permit holder only etc etc - so the only legal possibility is 5 mins away, out of sight...having already had a bandit stolen from same address, i like to keep my bike in view, and locked to something....not always easy here in the smoke....
Old 01-03-07, 03:41 PM   #38
Warthog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs View Post
There's the law and there's justice, they are not the same.
That is so true, and it frustrates me greatly.
Old 01-03-07, 03:43 PM   #39
Tomcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete m View Post
i think our friends from Wales have a different view on things, cos they dont have the same things to deal with - ie thieving scum everywhere, red routes/ double yellows, bus lanes, bus stops , permit holder only etc etc - so the only legal possibility is 5 mins away, out of sight...having already had a bandit stolen from same address, i like to keep my bike in view, and locked to something....not always easy here in the smoke....
This is a good point, and kindof what I was getting at when I said we only have one traffic warden. They are not breathing down your neck and jumping on you straight away, 9 times out of 10 if you get a ticket it is fair and square. And also 9 times out of 10 you get away with it so you are happy to take the wrap when it happens.
Old 01-03-07, 03:44 PM   #40
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete m View Post

no ....its just all feilds & sheep here