SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-05-08, 10:04 PM   #41
Grinch

Default Re: outraged! *rant*

Nah, I'd park there, but then I'm a ****, or the pavement, in trees, who cares.
Old 20-05-08, 10:09 PM   #42
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyLady View Post
if there is dedicated bike parking and it isn't full then yes it would be silly to park in a car space...(bored with this now )
In this instance, it seems there was space in the bike spaces (certainly no mention it was full) but ethariel was evidently to lazy and inconsiderate to park there ...

I still don't think the dude should have touched his bike and he has just as much right to park in a car spot as a car (at the end of the day, he could have been there in his car, so what is the difference ) but it IS/WAS rude/inconsiderate!!

Still awake AL?!?!
Old 20-05-08, 10:15 PM   #43
Grinch

ZZZzzzz...
Old 20-05-08, 10:19 PM   #44
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
This was a pain in my old pub, after 7 we were only licensed for over 18's so if ya looked under 21, ya got ID'd, no matter what you were trying to purchase. Also had a policy of under 18's needing to be with an adult, and that if any of the group were under 18 then the group had to be ordering meals, if one of the younger looking one's came to the bar, we'd ID just to find out if the group needed to be ordering food. You probably fell into one of these categories!
the man tis right. i still work in a pub once a week and i get this all the time. it probably doesn't help that i look about 17 (so people tell me) and am actually coming up for 22. although i do enjoy a good fight here because i know i'm right and i really couldn't give a toss about the job (dont' really know i still work there, as it's not really worth it for me!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris View Post
I work in a clothes shop

I knows the type you on about though lol. I must admit from the a sales assistant's perspective however, there are some f##kin rude customers out there too who assume sales assistants are robots and therefore can be spoken to like sh!t. I have had many an experience with such people, and would gladly have slapped them then and there if it wasn't for that niggling "the customer always comes first" rule Doesn't matter how polite you are either .

The vast majority are nice though and thankfully override the not so nice
and my proper job is in a sports shop and ofc i get some cruddy cutomers. but they're usually reasonable people and i'll help em out even having been grumpy to start with. if they persist however then i will become blunt and not be as helpful as i could be. being resonable both ways, goes along way!!
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-08, 10:23 PM   #45
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
and my proper job is in a sports shop and ofc i get some cruddy cutomers. but they're usually reasonable people and i'll help em out even having been grumpy to start with. if they persist however then i will become blunt and not be as helpful as i could be. being resonable both ways, goes along way!!
spot on
Old 20-05-08, 11:17 PM   #46
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel View Post
In those cases I expect you explained the situation to the customer, rather than simply demanding their ID while being rude about it though.
Yup, unless they got ar5ey about it!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-08, 11:46 PM   #47
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
I still don't think the dude should have touched his bike and he has just as much right to park in a car spot as a car (at the end of the day, he could have been there in his car, so what is the difference ) but it IS/WAS rude/inconsiderate!!

Still awake AL?!?!
Isn't interfering with a motor vehicle an offence?

I used to have a special form of customer service when I glass collected in a pub in Halifax town centre. It was usually packed so to make your way through a load of ignorant, not-quite-middle-aged tossers while carrying an armload of glasses I usually found that a steel toed boot to the legs usually persuaded people to move. I've never hit a woman, but I was very tempted most nights, one very hoity-toity customer once ended up wearing the contents of a half ful pint of strongbow which had been used as an ashtray. Can't say she looked impressed, but the floor was slippy.
Old 21-05-08, 07:37 AM   #48
Jester666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
Nah, I'd park there, but then I'm a ****, or the pavement, in trees, Underneath my bike, who cares.
Corrected for you!
Old 21-05-08, 07:50 AM   #49
Lou M

Lets clear this up! These are parking spaces, not car parking spaces.

Now if I go to the supermarket on my bike, I'll park in one of these, just because I haven't gone in the car makes no difference.

What am I? I second class citizen because I'm on a bike?
Oh sorry, of course I am.

rant over.
Lou
Old 21-05-08, 08:06 AM   #50
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
Manor's cost nothing.
I think that even with house prices taking a dive at the moment they are still VERY expensive.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote