SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 28-07-06, 09:31 PM   #41
the_runt69

Cant see how cyclists can say they're not harming the planet, riding in bus lanes making buses go slower using more fossil fuel and making more greenhouse gases.
Until buses run on clean fuel cyclists are doing more harm to the enviroment than your average car driver.

H
Old 28-07-06, 10:10 PM   #42
philipMac

A mate of mine from the club was pulled over for speeding.

On a bicycle. He was pushing 50mph in a 30mph zone. The copper didnt know what to do, he was about 19.

Things werent helped by the rest of the club gathering around the incident falling about the place laughing, and shouting pieces of advice, like "lock him up".

The cop asked him what the rush was, and he told him he "was trying to get break together".

He sent us about our business eventually.
Old 29-07-06, 06:02 AM   #43
Red ones
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipMac

On a bicycle. He was pushing 50mph in a 30mph zone. The copper didn't know what to do, he was about 19.
The offence is "Pedalling Furiously" (no, straight up, it is!)

This thread reads like a "we all hate cyclists" rant. I don't like that. I have been riding for the best part of 30 years. I can pretty much guarantee that if I were to cycle in London I would get through the traffic faster than I can on my SV - is that what causes the jealousy?
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-06, 07:17 AM   #44
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red ones
I can pretty much guarantee that if I were to cycle in London I would get through the traffic faster than I can on my SV - is that what causes the jealousy?
It isn't jealousy thats for sure, personally I skate through London traffic. I dislike the cyclists I come across because of their holier-than-thou attitude of because they are green they are above the laws of the road.
Old 29-07-06, 07:28 AM   #45
Stig

Cobblers
Old 29-07-06, 12:05 PM   #46
fraser01

Quote:
Quote:

On a bicycle. He was pushing 50mph in a 30mph zone. The copper didn't know what to do, he was about 19.

This thread reads like a "we all hate cyclists" rant. I don't like that. I have been riding for the best part of 30 years. I can pretty much guarantee that if I were to cycle in London I would get through the traffic faster than I can on my SV - is that what causes the jealousy?
Isnt that wanton and furiously?

I think i would have more important things to do than enforce these kind of laws...
Old 29-07-06, 02:29 PM   #47
philipMac

Quote:
Quote:

More sort of holding on for grim death furiously. No way you are going to waste your legs pedaling at those speeds... they are busy doing their best Ohlins rear shock impression. I would imagine he pulled him over out of boredom. They had him out on the side of a mountain in Wicklow, probably for hours. The group was shifting it though.

Quote:
I can do more than guarantee it. I am faster on my push-bike than a motor-bike in Manhattan at almost all times of the day.
And you are right Red Ones. The reason that bikers dont like cyclists, is the same reason that cagers dont like bikers.

Jealousy.

Dress it up however you like

"Ohh oh, but they are breaking the law" BWAAA HA HA HA HA. I can just see all these concerned bikers crowding around the table...
"I clocked 45 on the way over here"
--stunned silence--
"Isn't the speed limit 40???"
"I suppose..."
"You mean, you mean... You BROKE THE LAW???"
"I am sorry guys"
"And your pipes... -Not For Road Use-??"
"I'm so sorry guys" (Leaves bar crying.)
Old 29-07-06, 02:38 PM   #48
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

I have nothing against cyclists in general, in the same way i have nothings against cagers or black cabs.

Saldy there are those in each of those groups who behave in ways that gives them all a bad rep.

I gave up my car in london in favour of my mountain bike years ago. At the time i live in NW london, cricklewood to be sure, and the g/f live in Putney. I used to ride there and back daily sometimes and in ALL weather and i'll freely admit that i jumped reds when it was safe and clear to do so and rode on the pavment when it was empty enough and the roads were too gridlocked.

Sweaty business tho eh?
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-06, 03:30 PM   #49
philipMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Sweaty business tho eh?
It is indeed.
I am like a magical water disappearing trick. All I do is pour water in my cake hole all day and night, and tadaaa... its gone. Vanished.
I reckon I lose a kilo each commute. The heat here is no joke.
Old 29-07-06, 05:15 PM   #50
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester666
What cyclists should have is some sort of insurance!
Couldn't agree more — and a bloody licence that can be endorsed .

great - thanks guys - thats me stuffed then - I'll give up the pushbike too then shall I?

Mind you its like dicing with death in the kerb on the bloody thing - I'll tell you I wont be getting back on it when Im back on the road - my carbon footprint has been too small for too long now