SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Madlanders For those based in the East & West Midlands.

Old 30-05-07, 10:17 AM   #41
John 675

Default Re: Possible rideout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Oiled View Post
Well done that man! 16th June works for me so far (but things can crop up). Maybe the MIGTS are alive and kicking after all.

As to the route - some from the West Mids expressed an interest so maybe a start in between? If you want a hand with arrangements let me know.

Cheers Keith
Yeah please Keith that would be great, i have a route inmind but as i said i cant remember many of the really good roads, and as you say we have West midlanders fancying a ride and on that one i dont have a clue,
and with baph looking to come from wales maybe im in abit over my head so HELP yes please.

Old 30-05-07, 10:41 AM   #42
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylej View Post
and with baph looking to come from wales maybe im in abit over my head so HELP yes please.
No need to think like that mate.

Seriously, just tell me where & when to meet everyone else, and I'll just follow the bike in front of me all day. The journey down the A623 & back will make it worth the motorways to get to Stockport from me. I've done that road once, and said when I did it that I should make the effort to do it again.

The rest of it is partly for the social bit, and partly because I'm on the bike at every opportunity anyway.

The way I did the Wales ride was just to build it up bit by bit. Arrange the meet point first, then the route was sorted (thanks to Luckypants) and tweaked a little. Then time of the meet sorted. Second day was decided on the morning.

I'm just fortunate that so long as you stay away from the coast in North Wales, you have good roads in all directions.
Old 30-05-07, 10:44 AM   #43
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Would have loved to join you, but that's the last weekend before our Austria trip and the Saturday is earmaked for getting new rubber fitted.

Pete's working on the Sunday, too

Next time

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-07, 11:02 AM   #44
G
Mega Poster

I can make that date ..... I can think of a few very nice routes if other people cant so let me know and i will draw up a map and post it up for peoples opinions.
Old 30-05-07, 12:49 PM   #45
John 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by graemepaterson View Post
I can make that date ..... I can think of a few very nice routes if other people cant so let me know and i will draw up a map and post it up for peoples opinions.
i was thinking a ride somewhere meet up then Matlock for lunch. and somewhere else . . i just dont know where to start.
Old 30-05-07, 07:47 PM   #46
Well Oiled

well - if we are going to gwt some of the West Midlanders in on the run what about Basset's Pole? Meet there and ride AM up to Matlock, Lunch in Matlock, PM from Matlock maybe up A6 to Buxton and back?
Old 31-05-07, 08:07 AM   #47
Baph

Bassets pole? Linky please.

If it's not that far from Matlock to Bassets Pole, I could always meet at Bassets Pole, tag along, then when you lot double back, I just continue on home. Obviously depends on time & how good the roads are, but still.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it, Tamworth. 3hours ride ish. Not bad, depends on the time to meet, I don't fancy setting off much before 6am
Old 31-05-07, 08:40 AM   #48
Hockeynut

Hi, if anyone is heading up from the East Mids side then I might be up for it.
Old 31-05-07, 08:50 AM   #49
John 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut View Post
Hi, if anyone is heading up from the East Mids side then I might be up for it.
Im in long eaton mate just out of Nottingham on the A52 you could come with me
Old 31-05-07, 10:07 AM   #50
mattyL

I'm a former nottingham boy - used to love going up to matlock at the weekend and drooling over all the shiny bikes .

I'm living down in london now but I would love to join you guys for the rideout - has a start time and location been decided on yet?

Fingers crossed for good weather - hopefully see you there