SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-02-07, 04:35 PM   #41
chunkytfg

Default Re: Need Some Help - One Man Tent Required

I have this one

http://www.simplyhike.co.uk/ProductD...x?StockID=8982

Okay so it's alot of money but for the UK weather it really is needed. It has coped with evrthing from virtually sub zero temps up to 25deg at night and never struggled. it has loads of vetilation so it never get clammy inside and best of all to put it up you put the outer skin on first so if it is raining when you put it up the inner skin stays dry in the bag while you make yourself a cover. It also has a huge porch so if you are sharing you have plety of room to leave all your gear aswell as sleep as i've found as a biker with leathersn plus clothes etc you will need twice the persons space per person so a couple will need a 3-4 man tent and 1 person will need a 2 man tent IYSWIM?
Old 22-02-07, 12:01 AM   #42
K

I've got a 2 man Eurohike tent that i got from Millets years ago. The tent itself is still good n waterproof - though it has got a small pinhole in the base. Only lets water in if it's pouring down with rain so hard it streams along the ground under the tent.

A simple cycle tyre repair thingy will sort it out - only I can't be arsed to try and find out where the leak is again.

I've got a bigger tent for events (which I don't go to at the moment anyway) and a much smaller one for touring so this one is up for grabs if you want it.
Old 22-02-07, 08:05 AM   #43
the white rabbit

The best 1 man tent is a 2 man tent. Trust me. You find that out when its wet and so is all your kit your snuggled up with.

Unless you might want it for backpacking there's plenty of room on a bike for a decent sized tent.

For cheap Ive seen the basic domed Eurohikes around £20 stand up to foul conditions.

Either go real cheap or expensive. All these complex middle range things that are fairly cheap are rubbish, and might not stand summer lakeland storms.
Old 23-02-07, 05:41 PM   #44
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovi5 View Post
just ordered tent number 2

http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle?...oogle&ct=title

recomended by WRC63.........looks a good un

well its here.......packs up very small ..........when ericted the word snug comes to mind...........might have to store my leathers somwhere

there is no camera trickery.........and its not a clowns shoe its mine size 9...........make of that what you will

Old 23-02-07, 07:18 PM   #45
El Saxo

Whoever was saying about having a party in a tent, that might be mine!

4-man dome tent that I bought from Argos (yes really, Argos!) about 5 years ago. 4-man is a bit optimistic, it sleeps 3 pretty comfortably & has a porch-style thing at the front to keep gear in. It's so far survived Glastonbury festival, torrential thunderstorms in the alps, heavy downpours & gale force winds in the lakes, and plenty of ****ed people stumbling into & out of it - i think it cost me all of £40!!

Just hoping it packs up small enough to fit on the bike...
Old 24-02-07, 12:30 AM   #46
SV225

I got a 1 man £30 tent for £15 when argos changed catalogs a few years ago (Pro-action I think) that has kept me dry for 2 cadwells (BSB's). Quality isnt brilliant but it packs up tiny and has kept me dry so far.