SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: Should Moussaoui be executed?
Yes 12 54.55%
No 10 45.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-06, 01:00 PM   #41
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Steve,

You surprise me at how quick you are to judge me. Purely because I am willing to voice an alternative scenario than that which you and thousands...no millions of others have bought in to. I count myself among that number until recently and as previously mentioned this concerns me.
Peter, I'm not quick to judge you.... You are not just voicing an alternative scenario, you seem to be backing it, and I can't get my head round this "conspiracy theory" which basically says that the US Government not only let it happen, they made it a damn site worse...

And as for the strength of the building.... The Titanic was designed to be unsinkable, but it just so happened that the design, whilst seeming sound, was actually responsible for it's failure. My point is that you can "design" a building to withstand being hit by an aircraft, but until it actually happens, you can't be sure. By which time it's too late.

But getting back to the topic, the man aided & abetted mass murder & terrorism, he deserves the maximum penalty served from a proven justice system. In this case that is death.

Old 04-04-06, 01:03 PM   #42
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Jordan...As previously mentioned,the towers had been designed to withstand such circumstance...
Dunno PH. They got it wrong? Designing something to deal with an event for which you've no experimental data isnt going to be easy.

Quote:
How then that no fragments that could have been identified as being from such a plane where found anyway in or around the site?
Where, at the WTC, or the pentagon?

Seems that depending on who you talk to it was a plane, a missile, or elvis in a UFO firing lasers

Quote:
A similar plane apparently hit the pentagon also? Have you seen the size of the impact on the facade of the Pentagon? More consistant with a Piper Cherokee to my mind! And where is the almost football pitch wide damage on the ground caused by said plane before it impacted?
I think it's difficult to get a sense of scale from photos. Bare in mind the size of the pentagon - it's the largest office complex in the world.

I guess it's possible the US government may have not done as much as they could have to prevent the attack, but I doubt they had an active involvement in making it happen. It would have been too difficult to cover up.

Old 04-04-06, 01:04 PM   #43
wolverine04uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster

But getting back to the topic, the man aided & abetted mass murder & terrorism, he deserves the maximum penalty served from a proven justice system.
Which is my point. He aided and abetted. I don't know of anyone who has ever been executed for aiding and abetting.

Old 04-04-06, 01:07 PM   #44
Peter Henry

Steve...I do not think I am indicating my backing of the alternative line of thought. ( I am actually very uneasy about these theories even being present), maybe try to view the new infornmation..be it BS or not.... with an open mind.I do though make no apology for bringing it to the table for discussion.

In the case of the Titanic there was an obvious flaw in the design that led to many sections of the hull being filled with water when this should have been contained.

Jordan...I beleive that evidence of Boeings was oddly missing from both sites.

Old 04-04-06, 01:26 PM   #45
Anonymous

If anyone wants to see the Conspiricy Theory of which Peter speaks, the information is shown in this very informative video.

Be warned though, watch it with an open eye.. and set aside an hour as if you're like me, you'll get drawn into it and a brief "five minute viewing" turns into watching the entire film.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...Change&pl=true

Old 04-04-06, 01:32 PM   #46
Peter Henry

It can't be denied that there is a clamour for someone no matter how remotely involved with those terrible deeds to be seen to be punished. I think this guy is more a token gesture than actually a scape goat myself.

Old 04-04-06, 01:35 PM   #47
jonboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel
It wasnt just a fire though was it. A good 200 tonnes of airliner slammed into the building first.
At several hundred miles an hour, of which the kinetic energy released on impact must have been utterly immense and the shockwaves gone through the whole of the structure instantaneously.

As much I'd love a conspiracy theory to be true (to show governments in their true light) I honestly think one doesn't exist in this case. It was a well organized and well executed terrorist attack.

Old 04-04-06, 01:43 PM   #48
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy
Quote:
It wasnt just a fire though was it. A good 200 tonnes of airliner slammed into the building first.
At several hundred miles an hour, of which the kinetic energy released on impact must have been utterly immense and the shockwaves gone through the whole of the structure instantaneously.

As much I'd love a conspiracy theory to be true (to show governments in their true light) I honestly think one doesn't exist in this case. It was a well organized and well executed terrorist attack.

I agree.

The ONLY conspiricy which has any substance, if there is to be one, is that the US government KNEW something was being planned, but failed to act upon the intelligence gleamed for one reason or another.

Old 04-04-06, 01:48 PM   #49
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by getyerkneedown
Quote:
Quote:

I agree.

The ONLY conspiricy which has any substance, if there is to be one, is that the US government KNEW something was being planned, but failed to act upon the intelligence gleamed for one reason or another.
And I reckon incompetance would be one of the most likely reasons.

Old 04-04-06, 01:53 PM   #50
Anonymous

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by getyerkneedown
Quote:
Quote:

I agree.

And I reckon incompetance would be one of the most likely reasons.
There a great book im reading at the moment. Teeth of The Tiger, by Tom Clancy.

Its about post 9/11. Fictional, but very cleverly researched and planned. Well worth a read.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...680257-9047801

Take a look at it, it will open a new avenue of thinking about how the intellegence community works.

Closed Thread