SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-11-08, 07:04 PM   #41
Kinvig

Default Re: Another terrorist attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moffatt666 View Post
other religions (including the other Judo-Christians) must be destroyed along with their followers and all non-believers are 'infidel'
[/rant]
In the 70's/80s etc the media led us all to believe that the russians thought westerners were all decadent, imperialist swines etc.

Now the media has us believnig that muslims think we're infidels.

I know a few muslims & they're good people. They don't go around shouting, "burn the evil westerner!". I would have noticed.

Still, it sells papers. Brain wash me, tell me what to think. And what my opinions are.
Old 29-11-08, 07:05 PM   #42
Kinvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness View Post
What we need to remember is that western countries - Britain, USA, France, Belgium, Holland etc, etc, have essentially invaded other countries, killed, tortured, stole etc, etc. You can't blame third world countries for hating the west. Also in the past the christian religion has hunted and murdered non conformists.
There are a lot of evil people in the world and I think that many of them do use religion and politics to justify their evil acts.

+1
Old 29-11-08, 07:06 PM   #43
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
And they've been fighting all comers for the last few hundred years, and they're pretty well holed up in the mountains, and they have no particular objectives other than to make a nuisance of themselves untill the occupying power can no longer project force or loses interest.

Bad idea fighting there.
Spot on, and having done the cave runs I can tell you it is the scariest thing I have ever had to do. No room to use your rifle....
Old 29-11-08, 07:06 PM   #44
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvig View Post
In the 70's/80s etc the media led us all to believe that the russians thought westerners were all decadent, imperialist swines etc.
Because that's what the soviets were telling their subjects. Who knows what they actually thought.
Old 29-11-08, 11:34 PM   #45
Kinvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel View Post
I heard on the radio they were specifically targeting UK and US citizens.
"One Briton, Andreas Liveras, was also killed. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7757031.stm

Your media lied to you again!
Old 29-11-08, 11:52 PM   #46
SV-net

What if they had blown up all the banks call centres we would be at a complet standstill here now!

I dont want to lower this too far but what a situation where you deliberately turn your guns on innocent unarmed everyday folk. What excuse is there that could possibly start to justify this activity. NONE.
Old 30-11-08, 02:12 AM   #47
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV-net View Post
What if they had blown up all the banks call centres we would be at a complet standstill here now!
Nah f##k off I'd be well impressed if the nobends would stop ringing me trying to sell me stuff. Slaughter away.
Old 30-11-08, 12:53 PM   #48
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV-net View Post
I dont want to lower this too far but what a situation where you deliberately turn your guns on innocent unarmed everyday folk. What excuse is there that could possibly start to justify this activity. NONE.
Britain it self had done it for years, look at the former British Empire which we didn't get by being nice. We robbed them of their assets and then abandoned them, an eye for an eye maybe?

The religious confusion comes from the press, terrorists pray and ask their god to forgive them and bless them, there god doesn't tell them to do it.
Old 30-11-08, 02:19 PM   #49
gettin2dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
The religious confusion comes from the press, terrorists pray and ask their god to forgive them and bless them, there god doesn't tell them to do it.
Both christian and islamic scriptures mention their respective 'holy wars'.

Remember the crusades?
Old 30-11-08, 02:26 PM   #50
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
Both christian and islamic scriptures mention their respective 'holy wars'.

Remember the crusades?
I remember seeing something about the crusades on the discovery channel a while ago, seems our christian forebears thought it acceptable to eat non christian babies if supplies were running low whilst on the crusades, and this was taken fron accounts by the crusaders themselves, the west has raped and pillaged countries of their resouces for years and we wonder why they hate us ?