SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 31-07-14, 10:19 AM   #41
Matt-EUC
Mega Poster

Default how many off's have you had

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideboy View Post
None

I can't help but feel that isn't true.

Not even on track?

Sent via the medium of interpretive dance.

White 650 V-Strom
-No mods
Blue curvy 650 (OMFG I FIXED IT!!!)
-200mm Delkevic Stubby.
Matt-EUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-14, 11:48 AM   #42
Jason H

Default Re: how many off's have you had

3 - all below 30mph

1st a week after getting the SV (first bike), lost traction on the rear wheel approaching a mini roundabout and low sided
2nd back in february broke my ankle when front end slide out on ice or oil (still unknown) and lowsided on the otherside
3rd last week, emergency stop, turned into soft dismount on to grass verge due to discovery hammering on brakes at the last second to turn right without indicating

Hopefully should be the end of it...if not I may
Mods: Renthal Flat bars, 's' clutch perch, GSXR front master cylinder, CNC shorty levers, Tail Tidy, Fuel Mini S/S Slip-on, 15/47, 's' Swing-arm, Pillion seat cowl, GSXR 750 front end, CNC polished top yoke, R6 Throttle tube, GSXR rear shock

Jason H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-14, 03:43 PM   #43
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Prior to passing my test, I hit my instructor on day two of my DAS when the brakes failed me riding out of a flood. I dropped the bike slipping on a corner that had loose chippings on it and finally while on my way to the test centre, I was clipped by a joy rider in a stolen car, but did not go down.

I slipped on gravel while backing my SV into a parking space the day I passed my test. I dropped her once when a white van cut a corner and forced me to brake hard while on a bad camber. Then I was hit by a car while riding through Bristol last year.

On other occasions, my bike has been hit while parked and I have dropped her while moving her in the garage. I have also dropped the fuel tank while removing it from the bike to work on the engine.

There is great joy in being an early forties careful woman rider that is reflected in my insurance premium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-14, 05:10 PM   #44
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

1 on the SV at just under 30 in my first year of riding, I high sided in the wet after anchoring on too hard to avoid hitting a car pulling out in front of me...all my bikes since have ABS so save me from more embarrassing off's like that from happening again

Triumph and Suzuki owner
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-14, 08:46 PM   #45
keith_d
Mega Poster

All small stuff for me, nothing above 30 mph.

The one that hurt was down to my own stupidity - too much front brake. The other one was on black ice and I just slid down the road like it was a skating rink.

Last edited by keith_d; 31-07-14 at 08:48 PM.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-14, 09:41 PM   #46
DJFridge

One, on my Mod 1. Embarrassing and painful. Actually rode home again straight afterward but my ankle and leg swelled up so much overnight that I couldn't even wear socks for over a month, let alone boots. Didn't actually break anything (well, bits of bike but that doesn't count) and I figure I might only be that lucky once, so I'm fairly careful.
Old 02-08-14, 10:37 PM   #47
CarlH

Numerous.... Lost my crashvirginity at 15 with my newly bought 50cc scooter. Had my leg broke when ramming an electrical installation an got the leg between it and the bike. That was just 2weeks after removing the gips after breaking it in a skiing accident.
Old 02-08-14, 10:40 PM   #48
CarlH

Most memorable lost control when riding a bike in the wintertime, to fast into the curve and the bike in one direction and me in another.... No casualties but took me a couple of hours and a lot of angry words digging out the bike from 2meters down in the snow...
Old 03-08-14, 08:15 PM   #49
flymo
Mega Poster

heh heh, lost count. Never had a crash on the road but loads on various tracks, some pretty fast offs too.

Scariest one was at Anglesey fighting for the lead when I got nudged onto wet grass at 105 mph approaching a fast corner with a tyre wall.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-14, 09:18 PM   #50
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: Re: how many off's have you had

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymo View Post
heh heh, lost count. Never had a crash on the road but loads on various tracks, some pretty fast offs too.

Scariest one was at Anglesey fighting for the lead when I got nudged onto wet grass at 105 mph approaching a fast corner with a tyre wall.
Saw that, Bally spectacular. Loved the way you got up and waved to your Mrs after

Sent from my HTC One
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote