SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-02-09, 07:33 PM   #41
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: rideouts

a rideout for me... plenty of miles to get yer teeth into, stunning scenery, places that are green to get away from cars, twisty turny roads...all your mates in your mirrors, some good banter at stops, some good company to banter with.....can't stand doing too many towns and having to deal with traffic, apart from maybe the odd local village, that you have to stop in cause you've lost someone and you've all to shelter in a bus stop(NW3) and obviously to scare the odd granny... I mean wave at the odd granny looking at all these hooligans passing her by

NW3(apart from the rain) and the Ecosse(even the midges had their funny side) were the best ones I've been on

ps like Lissa...stops with bogs, dizzy always needs to go again right after getting back on the road....always happens...must be all them Vtwin vibrations

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 02-02-09 at 07:36 PM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09, 10:43 PM   #42
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Love long ride outs are fun. Too short and your left wanting more.

The Saturday on NW4 has been probably my favourite rideout. Almost perfect, great roads, well organised, good company, a chance to challenge myself a little, not too many stops and IIRC no one got lost.

Sun is just a bonus, as are faster bikes. If it's slippy, it's slippy. Just ride accordingly and have fun and faster bikes offer the challenge element. (I feel i know my limits though)

I feel sick waiting for the warmth now after thinking of all that
Old 02-02-09, 10:50 PM   #43
plowsie

Not the happiest bean atm and thinking about rideouts is cheering me up. The laughs given to me are extensive, the company, the roads, the skills learnt. Amazing to get back the Sunday, aching all over, nackered, but just sit there with a cold drink and go to yourself "yeaahhhhhhh, I've just had the best weekend in a long while ".
Old 02-02-09, 10:53 PM   #44
Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
Not the happiest bean atm and thinking about rideouts is cheering me up. The laughs given to me are extensive, the company, the roads, the skills learnt. Amazing to get back the Sunday, aching all over, nackered, but just sit there with a cold drink and go to yourself "yeaahhhhhhh, I've just had the best weekend in a long while ".
And you havnt had the best yet...meeting me